Hardware donation program/Nokib Sarkar
Your contact informationEdit
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
Happy new year,
I have been contributing regularly to Wikipedia for the past one year. Although not very impressive, I can claim that I have fairly decent quality edits. Contributing from mobile to Wikipedia, however, causes problems in many cases, and sometimes those problems create many complications. I do not have any laptop or desktop. In this case I need a laptop to contribute to Wikipedia properly. But now with the slightest financial problems, it is not possible for me. So I am requesting a low-cost laptop to the Wikimedia community (enough to be a good old-fashioned laptop donation if it works properly). The facilities I may get if I have a laptop which are not available (or not easy) with smartphone are:
- Browse through the references in order to check verifiability and add them in appropriate place.
- Editing long pages without freezing the screen (i.e CPU freezing problem)
- Patrolling recent changes and make appropriate edits without complexity.
- Using Visual Editor easily
- Using Content Translation easily without erroneous typo.....etc
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Bangla Wikipedia
- Online and Offline Wikimedia Programmes
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support. Active wikipedian of Bengali Wikipedia , a hardware support will help him to contribute more in Wikipedia. — Ferdous • 07:38, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 08:37, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Shahriar Islam Alvi (talk) 09:02, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support One of the active Bengali wikipedians.~ Nahid Talk 10:20, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support His work efficiency in Wikipedia will increase if he gets a laptop. A talented and active Bengali wikipidean.- Mrb Rafi (talk) 16:02, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Active Wikipedian, his work in Wiki projects will be much much easier if he gets this support. ANKAN (talk) 13:38, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support This user is a very important person in Bangla Wikipedia. ইফতেখার নাইম (talk) 13:40, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 21:30, 4 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Wiki Ruhan (talk) 18:06, 2 June 2020 (UTC)