Hardware donation program/Global Open Initiative
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
- masssly ymail.com
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I wish to request a computer(s) on behalf of Global Open Initiative Foundation.
- It is always the case that some participants who attend our workshops do not have access to personal computers. As a result, these participants may resort to using their phones, or not participate at all in the hands-on session when they happen to not have smartphones.
- Many of the volunteers on our team do not have laptops. During editathons or events, we would wish for volunteers to be engaged in registering participants and providing other forms of technical support to participants. It becomes a problem when the volunteers do not have a laptop to work with.
- Aside from the challenges faced during live events, as mentioned above, the group is in need of this support to help with day- to-day administrative running of the organisation. For example, it becomes very difficult for team members to commit to attending weekly team meetings when they do not have the hardware to join the video call.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Wikipedia (en, twi, ha, dag)
- Wikimedia Commons
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Global Open Initiative
- Public equipment tracking page
- Global Open Initiative/Resources#Public Equipment Tracking page
- I endorse this reque st Sunkanmi12 (talk) 16:55, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- As a member of this community, It would be great to have at least one laptop for our training and edit-a-thons. As trainers, we always have to sacrifice our personal computers for newbies instead of using it for presentations.Shahadusadik (talk) 18:07, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- —M@sssly✉ 16:48, 31 December 2019 (UTC)
- ...DaSupremo (talk) 18:06, 5 January 2020 (UTC)
- Nuoseg Philemon (talk) 11:21, 6 January 2020 (UTC)