Global Open Initiative
|Global Open Initiative|
|Location||Global Online Community-based|
|YouTube||Global Open Initiative|
|Mailing address||c/o Sadik Shahadu, P.O. Box CT 4570 Cantonment Accra, Ghana|
|Motto||Making Knowledge and data freely accessible to everyone|
Our mission is to help groom the skills and talents of Ghanaian youths through volunteering. By empowering them to lead and contribute to open-source projects like Wikipedia, we provide a platform and opportunities for them to apply the knowledge they acquired from schools. We also equip them with skills, knowledge, and experiences that could be of great benefit to them career-wise. We do what we do because the Ghanaian educational system, due to its impractical nature, has failed to prepare graduates for the job market. We believe that aside from internships, there are many benefits that students and graduates can gain from volunteering their service to a good cause.
- Organize training and workshops to educate the public on open data
- Organize training and workshops to educate the public on the use of open technologies
- Extend open activities to remote areas especially the three northern regions of Ghana
- Training Events
- Planning a series of Wikidata + Wikipedia Editathons as part of the Parliament_of_Ghana working group to organize information about Ghanaian parliamentarians. Following Grants:Project/Rapid/Masssly/Parliament of Ghana/Seventh Parliament of the Fourth Republic of Ghana, twelve editathons are planned between September 2019 to September 2020 to complete the organization of political data about Ghanaian MP's from 1950 to 2020.
- Planning a series of projects to organize Wikidata political data about legislators from across countries in the Global South (other than Ghana) as part of the broader Political_Data Initiative. Since MySociety has stopped doing this out from Wikidata, it has become necessary for another entity to continue this important work.
- As part of our Improving Local Language Wikipedias Initiative, we plan to organize pieces of training for language-based universities; first in Ghana, and then across Africa, to encourage the creation of local content for small language Wikipedias. In Ghana, we plan to upgrade incubating languages to a full Wikipedias, and contribute more content to the already existing Akan and Ewe Language Wikipedia. Two team members are again, scheduled to meet the Dagbani language faculty of the University of Education on August 31, 2019.
- We plan to expand offline access to Wikimedia projects in underrepresented communities, by assembling and donating IIAb devices during outreach to schools and community libraries with little or no access to the internet.
- We hold monthly online community meetings (last Saturday of the month), and share announcements on our WhatsApp platform. As of 2 January 2019, there are 151 people on our WhatsApp platform.
~~~~below the numbered list, will automatically generate your signature and time stamp.
- —M@sssly✉ 19:15, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- Vogone (talk) 13:14, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- --AldnonymousBicara? 13:20, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- --Gereon K. (talk) 22:58, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- …Celestinesucess (talk) 16:40, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- --Amuzujoe (talk) 17:18, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- TereseB (talk) 09:33, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
- --Mwintirew (talk) 17:42, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- --Shahadusadik (talk) 21:27, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- --Rajeeb (talk!) 15:48, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- Malak30 (talk) 14:56, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Zilione (talk) 14:58, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Wealthys (talk) 15:00, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Oladipupo193 (talk) 15:01, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Mukaram123 (talk) 15:02, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Larai20 (talk) 15:06, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Piousmaiden (talk) 15:06, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Sunkanmi12 (talk) 15:07, 15 June 2019 (UTC
- Jgmac1106 (talk) 17:03, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
- DaSupremo (talk) 20:31, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Din-nani1 (talk) 20:55, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Jemima2019 (talk) 20:58, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Nana yaa series (talk) 21:39, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- E4Esau (talk) 21:47, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Kjkwik (talk) 21:49, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Warmglow (talk) 15:22, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
- Sanimuhaimin94 (talk) 22:11, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
- Sabon Harshe (talk) 02:18, 29 July 2021 (UTC)