Grants talk:Project/Rapid/UG GR/WikiFemHack/Report
Hi Magioladitis. Thank you and everyone else that contributed to the project for this report and for all your efforts to organize WikiFemHack. We have a few comments/questions below and look forward to your responses.
- We realize that you were expecting more participants, but it still seems like you had a rather large group and that most of them were new editors. How many experienced Wikimedians were there to support? Did you feel like there was enough support given the size?
- What did people work on in the hackathon?
- You reflected that it was difficult to meet the needs and interests of both experienced and new editors in one event. This is the experience that many people have when organizing events/conferences. Having two days, separate sessions or just focusing on one group is often what works best. In this type of situation, maybe focusing on new editors and asking experienced editors to really serve as mentors is a good strategy.
- In the proposal you planned to follow up with participants by asking online mentors to send messages after the event and monitor work. Did this happen or will it happen? How will you continue to engage participants that seemed especially interested in Wikimedia work?
- When will the WLM ceremony happen?
Hi Alex Wang (WMF)! Thanks for the feedback.
- There were 4 experienced Wikimedians at the event and with the added support from SheSharp we feel like there was adequate support. We have also invited WMF staff in Greece and outside Greece to help us too. Nevertheless, we always welcome additional support.
- Based on our experience from last year, we gave them a programming challenge and we also provided them with a list of easy bugs to fix for those you peropahs would ike to work outside the box.
- Thanks for letting me know :)
- We send a follow up email asking the participants to give us ffedback and evaluate the eitr experience. My next plan is to work with people in the education programm by add new material to the Online tutorials I organised last year. Let's see how this works.
- It is scheduled by the end of January. -- Magioladitis (talk) 17:57, 16 December 2017 (UTC)