Grants talk:Project/Rapid/NfanaMali/Wiki Loves Africa
We are pleased that Wiki Loves Africa will be conducted in Mali in 2017. We are approving this request for $1,800.
Project management guidance
- Please read and follow the guidelines provided for Participating Countries for Wiki Loves Africa 2017: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Africa_2017#Guidelines_for_Participating_Countries
- Review our reporting requirements and sample reports for Rapid Grants. Please plan ahead now and set up a process/system now that works for your team to document the information you will need for your report. It is best to do this as your project goes along so you can submit your report complete and on time.
- Make sure that you have a system set up to keep track of photos that are submitted as part of the project.
- Ideally, photos will not just be added to Commons. They will be incorporated into Wikipedia articles. Think about ways you can encourage volunteers to move appropriate images into Wikipedia articles. Set a goal for the number of contest images that are used in articles.
- Please carefully review the guidelines below for tracking expenses. This is one of the areas where grantees sometimes struggle, so read the instructions carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT: Instructions for tracking your expenses
At the end of your project, you will be asked to provide an itemized list of all expenses for your project. This list of expenses should tally up to 100% of the grant funds you have received, and should make use of the categories previously laid out for Wiki Loves Africa participants. In addition, you will be required to submit documentation (receipts, photo-documentation, etc) along with your itemized list. We recommend that you set up a system to collect documentation as you go because, for example, receipts are much easier to get the same day of the purchase rather than days, weeks or months later. We strongly recommend that you create a folder for everyone on your team to use, and then remind people regularly to submit records of their expenses as soon as possible, rather than waiting until the end.
Below is a list of some of the requirements we have for documentation (with thanks to Florence for her input). Please read through these guidelines and plan to follow them over the course of your project:
- If you purchase materials (for example: gifts, T-shirts, food, banners, etc), submit the following:
- Receipts (required)
- Photo-documentation of the materials
- If you have expenses related to hotels and restaurants, submit the following:
- Receipts (required)
- The names of all beneficiaries (for example, the names of everyone sharing the meal for a restaurant receipt)
- If you distribute cash to anyone (for example: stipends, cash prizes, etc), submit the following:
- Print this form (or an equivalent) and document the amount of the stipend and the name of the recipient, then have the recipient write their signature confirming receipt.
- If you purchase data, even from a phone, a receipt should be accessible. Please make a point of collecting a receipt.
Please make sure to watch this talkpage so you will see any additional updates we post here.
Thank you for your work to support the Wikimedia movement in Mali!