Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Juandev/Editaton Prachatice
Comments from WMFEdit
Hello, Juandev! Thank you for submitting this rapid grant request. We have received a high volume of applications, which may delay our review. We appreciate your patience and will respond to your request as soon as possible. In the meantime, we have a few questions:
- You mention that most participants will come from Prague. Why is that? Would it be possible to interest more local participants in Prachatice?
- You also mention an edit-a-thon you previously organized with 7 participants that resulted in 15 articles. In this grant proposal you estimate having 10 participants create 45 articles. What will be your approach to meeting that goal with only a few more participants than before?
- Hey, regarding your questions:
- If we are talking about Prague participants, we are talking about skilled contributors. We haven't found any Wikipedia contributors in Prachatice. We found them in the areas about one hour travel from the venue. They will be coming also. Recently we had another negotiation on the site and more people express interest in attending than before. When we were writing this proposal, there were about 1-4 locals willing to come. Now after another negotiation the local interest roses up to 30, but more realistic number would be 7-15. So we are preparing two day crash course to Wikipedia editing and Wikimedia Commons, before the editaton. The goal is to give them some general preparation before and not let them halt the editaton itself. But still they will need to be supported and thats why 6 skilled Wikipedians even from Prague would be helpfull.
- The simple answer is time. The previous edit-a-thon was three hours long, this one which will last about twelve hours, so than we think we can get min. 45 articles.--Juandev (talk) 11:36, 19 January 2019 (UTC)