Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Bashir/Portrait shots of movie stars
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)Edit
Hello Uncle Bash007, thanks for resubmitting this grant proposal. I completed the initial review and I have a few requests:
- While you have described the general importance of the project, I couldn't find any specific details around the need. Could you please provide a list of articles that are without any photos and you hope to illustrate with this project? You mentioned that you came across many similar articles.
- Can you confirm that you will be offered access to cinemas and permitted to take photos of the movie stars? What have you done to ensure that you will have this permission?
- I couldn't find the need for traveling with 3 other assistant photographers. Since the project focus is mainly the content gap, my recommendation is to split the team into two groups with 2 photographers. Each group will travel to a distinct location and take photos of the celebrities/film industries. After the photowalks, you will come together and upload the photos. Please let me know what you think and update the grant budget accordingly.
- Also, my request is to reduce the T-shirt costs. 40 USD per T-shirt is much higher from what we have previously approved.
- Please share the Risk Assessment tool document, so that it is accessible to everyone through the link.
Hii DSaroyan (WMF), thanks for the overview..
- In response to your first question these are some of the articles without photos
Hadiza Aliyu, Sani Musa Danja, Falalu A Dorayi, Momee Gombe, Fati Muhammad, Usman Baba Pategi, Aminu Saira, Paul Sambo, Sadiq Sani Sadiq, Diamond Zahra, Nazifi Asnanic, Lilin Baba, Abubakar Bashir Maishadda, Mansur Makeup, Yakubu Muhammed, Aminu Shariff, Adam A Zango, Sadiq Zazzabi, Nafisat Abdullahi, Halima Atete, Saratu Gidado, Maryam Yahaya, Maryam Booth among others
Pages can be accessed through the following links Link Link Link While there are many other prominent stars whose articles doesnt exist on Wikipedia, we will follow the wikipedia notability guidelines and create new articles on them (if possible).
- Yes, I have made some informal arrangements with some people from the Industries (among the media crews whom I know professionally) in both states. I have shared my idea and explain vividly to them about Wikipedia and Commons, they welcome the idea and reply "you just need to write a letter for permission so that date and time will be arranged officially". Hence, a letter will be sent to the cinemas upon the approval of the project.
- Regarding your 3rd question.. yes it's a nice idea because it will save both time, resources and energy. We will surely implement this idea and the number of Photography assistants will be reduced and the budget adjusted accordingly.
- The T-shirt prices are adjusted to 25USD to a lower price.