Grants:Project/Rapid/Bashir/Portrait shots of movie stars
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors/photographers
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- atleast 2 independent walks will be organized to the major cinemas in Kaduna and Kano. 3 other assistant photographers and 3 experienced wikipedia editors will join the photowalk.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- This photowalk will focus on prominent people in the cinema industries including the movie stars, artist, producers, Directors, writers among others. Thus, the project will provide portrait images of such celebrities which will be uploaded to commons and wikipedia pages as a free licensed. Pictures of the industries and major cinemas in Northern Nigeria will be captured.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- yes, I have announced it on the Hausa wikimedia community discussion page https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Kofan_al%27umma#Daukar_Hotunan_(portraits)_na_Jarumai_don_Wikipedia
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- A letter will be sent to the cinemas to arrange a suitable date for the event, 10 other Professional photographers will be contacted atleast will be selected to aid in adding quality pictures
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- A list of articles needing pictures will be generated and the target celebrity will be contacted based on the project goal.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, I am an amateur photographer with a year experience in wedding nature & portrait photography. I use recent canon 2000D with 18mm lens which is enough to capture qualitative clean pictures. I will also recruit atleast experience photographers who already have their DSLR and other equipments. I will work hand in hand with other experience editors User: Sanusi Gado User:Musa Vacho77 and User: Usman Ahmad Isa among others whom will help in the course of training, creating new articles and adding photos to commons.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will provide celebrity portraits which will be used as free license on commons. This project will also create newer articles on upcoming movie stars in the Hausa & English movie industries. it will also introduce photographers and celebrities to Wikpedia.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants 3 or more
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 150 or more
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects atleast 50
- Number of new celebrity articles created 50+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have a DSLR (canon 2000D) with 18mm lens, reflector and speedlight. I also have experience in studio portraits and wedding photography. I can edit pictures with Lightroom and Photoshop. I also have experience in uploading pictures on commons. I with the help of 3 other photographers will go around major film industries in Kaduna and Kano states to snap portrait pictures of movie stars.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transport (to Kannywood film Industry)= 500 USD
to and within Kano metropolis = 250 USD to and within Kaduna = 250 USD
- Refreshments = 350USD
Soft drinks = 150 USD Bottle water = 50 snacks = 150 USD
- Customised Wikipedia T-shirts with tags = 120 USD
Branded T-shirts = 25USD x 4 = 100 USD Tags = 20 USD
- Covid -19 preventives = 150 USD
Facemasks = 80 USD Hand sanitizers = 70 USD
- Modifiers (rent) = 300 USD
Softbox + strobe (rent) = 120 USD 50mm lens = 80 USD 35mm lens (rent) = 50 USD LED lights = 50 USD
- Training hall/Studio space (if applicable) = 170 USD
- Grand Total = 1590USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!