Grants talk:PEG/Theredproject/Print Wikipedia DE - PEG
GAC members decisionsEdit
GAC members who support this requestEdit
- --DerekvG (talk) 21:01, 11 April 2016 (UTC) I see the merit of this project imho money well spend
- --Violetova (talk) 09:50, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
GAC members who support this request with adjustmentsEdit
GAC members who oppose this requestEdit
GAC members who abstain from voting/commentEdit
Owning and storageEdit
What will happen with books after the exhibition? Who is going to be their owner and where they will be stored? Thanks.
— Danny B. 10:30, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- We are actively working to make this exhibition tour around to several other art spaces in Germany, and are trying to work with a Berlin library to eventually house them. Re: ownership, as is the norm in arts grant funding, I would retain ownership of the books, until transferred to library, etc. --Theredproject (talk) 03:34, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
We are pleased to provide partial support of this project in the amount of $5,608 to cover various expenses relating to printing and installation with the understanding that it will be accessible to the public through a library or gallery after the exhibit has closed. We have not approved full funding for this project because it falls outside of the scope of work that is typically funded through the PEG program, and will primarily benefit the German community, who has significant funding through chapters located in Germany and Austria. --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 22:28, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
Revisions to GrantEdit
Moving some travel here from TPSEdit
FYI, I have moved $3,458 in travel costs here from the TPS grant, at the request of the Participation Committee. See details on the talk page. These are core costs and are a necessary in order to complete the project. --Theredproject (talk) 20:54, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
April 17 updateEdit
I just updated the budget to reflect updated info in two sections
- Increased wallpaper cost: I was just able to locate an EU distributor, and the wallpaper materials are significantly more expensive in the EU than in the US, possibly because of tariffs? This also means that I will not need shipping -- I also realized that I would likely have to pay customs duties on the paper if I shipped, which would introduce the uncertainty of how long it would take to get through customs. That increases this section of the request by $933.78.
- Reduced number of printed volumes: I have processed the databases in preparation for creating the PDFs, and there are only 800,000 contributors to DE wiki, which is about 13% the size of the EN wiki. I expect this will actually be 5 volumes, not 20. This reduces this section of the request by $525.