Grants talk:PEG/AddisWang - Wikimedia User Group China/Wikipedia Asian Month
GAC members who support this requestEdit
GAC members who support this request with adjustmentsEdit
GAC members who oppose this requestEdit
GAC members who abstain from voting/commentEdit
Hi AddisWang, thank you for submitting a request for funding for this online editathon. We are impressed by how many different volunteers have come together to organize this event on their local language projects. Please see our questions below:
- How did you come up with the measures of success of 600 participants and 1000 articles?
- Will post cards contain personal messages or local designs?
- How will this online editathon lead to the fourth measure of success to, "build a sustainable Wikimedia Asian community for further cooperation"?
- Would you and other event organizers be willing to write a learning pattern to explain how to host a successful online editathon?
It is great to see how many people are excited about this editathon, and we look forward to learning more about how other communities can plan similar events. Please let us know if you have any questions. Best, --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 23:35, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Kacie,
- I want to set up a goal that we can reach with effort but not too easy, and the requirement of the editathon is pretty. I'm thinking we might have about 50 participants on some larger Wikipedia while about 10 participants in smaller Wikipedia. As I originally planned for 20 Wikipedias involving, and divide into half, comes to the 600. (50*10+10*10)
- Postcards will look like these. On the back, I'm thinking of containing a short description about what the front photo is, a logo of Wikipedia and a log of affiliate who send it on the left button. And maybe put logo of Wikipedia Asian Month, or Wikipedia 15 at somewhere on the right.
- I‘ve already learn many experience on organize such kind of cross region and cross language project, and I believe so as many other organizers. Other than experience, we now have many strong Wikimedians from many Wikipedia that we worked together (after the event) and we are familiar with how to communicate with each other. It will turn to a powerful and also sustainable Asian Community to be able to conduct further cooperation.
- I would love to share my experience. I will gathering thought and experience from other organizers and integrated into the learning pattern at least.
- Thank you for the comments!--AddisWang (talk) 00:31, 27 October 2015 (UTC)