Grants talk:IdeaLab/Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia
Comments from SGill (WMF) edit
Hi @Biplab Anand: Thanks a lot for your wonderful idea to promote Maithili Wikipedia. I see that you would like to promote Maithili Wikipedia through various offline campaigns (Radio program, hoardings, rickshaw announcement) and also by organizing meetups.
I have a few questions for you:
- Can explain a bit more about your idea? When are you planning to implement this idea?
- Do you think it would be good to do 3 different offline campaigns at the same time or do you think it would be better to focus on one offline campaign at a time?
Hi @SGill (WMF): Thanks for your comments and questions.
- The idea is to promote Maithili Wikipedia through offline campaign to engage more Maithili language speakers. I am quite hopeful that this is going to be helpful for our Wikipedia community. I am planning to implement this idea at the end of this (February 2018) month.
- Ok! I will go for the 2 offline campaigns- Hoardings and Rickshaw announcement. Thanks--Biplab Anand (Talk) 15:08, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
Next steps to develop your idea edit
Thanks for submitting your idea, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia, for the New Readers Inspire Campaign. In order to help develop your idea further, we want to ask you to respond to the following questions here on the discussion page. Please refer to this document, which contains examples and resources to help you answer these questions:
- 1. Describe one or two versions of this idea that are smaller than your initial one.
- I will implement my idea initially to Rajbiraj Municipality, which is the town of population having more numbers of Maithili speakers. After my campaign I will make the statistics about the positive effects on Maithili Wikipedia.
- 2. List three assumptions about your project and why you think those assumptions are true (see the document for some examples).
- Assumptions are - Local authorities of Rajbiraj Municipality will allow Rickshaw announcement and displaying the Maithili Wikipedia Content's related Hoarding boards.
- Peoples of the Municipalities have some know how about Internet.
- 3. List three skills or resources you don’t have, that you need for this project to succeed.
- We don't have in depth graphics designing skill.
- 4. How can you determine if your project is successful?
- If we go through as per our plan we can make the users motivated to use and get benifit from Maithili Wikipedia. And also as per my experience the local advertisements about anythings can make significant impact on users which in my case like rickshaw announcement.
Rapid Grant applications due March 15th edit
Thanks for starting your idea with the New Readers Inspire Campaign. I'm Chris Schilling (User:I JethroBT (WMF)), a community organizer supporting the campaign.
If you think you may need funding for your idea, Rapid Grants are available for ideas submitted during this campaign. Grant applications for ideas related to new readers are due by March 15th, 2018 (23:59 GMT). You can convert your idea into a Rapid Grant proposal by clicking on the Expand into a Rapid Grant button at the bottom of your idea page. Please review the guidelines and criteria before starting your grant application. If you need help completing your grant application, please contact me at cschilling wikimedia.org.
While applications for Rapid Grants can normally be submitted at any time, we have implemented a deadline for ideas on this specific topic. The reason for this deadline is because we plan to develop specific criteria later in 2018 for grant applications related to new readers and awareness-building activities. The applicants and project plans we receive from you in the coming weeks will help us define these guidelines and set expectations for future work in inviting people to use Wikimedia projects generally.
Also, if you do not need funding but would like to discuss other questions or needs for your idea (such as on-wiki volunteers or advising), please feel free to contact me on my talk page or at cschilling wikimedia.org, and we can discuss your needs over e-mail or schedule a time to have a conversation about your needs over Skype / Hangouts / IRC. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:47, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign Rapid Grant applications due today edit
This is a final reminder that the deadline for Rapid Grant applications for ideas submitted for the New Readers Inspire Campaign are due today (March 15th 2018) by 23:59 GMT. IF you think you need funding for you idea, please review the following instructions:
- If you haven't drafted your Rapid Grant proposal: Click on the Expand into a Rapid Grant button at the bottom of your idea page and fully respond to all the questions. Once you've answered the questions and are ready for your proposal to be formally reviewed, submit your draft proposal and change the
- If you've already drafted your Rapid Grant proposal: Be sure to fully respond to all questions regarding your activities, measures of impact, and budget, and then change the
If you're not sure you know how to change the status of your proposal or aren't sure if you've changed it properly, please contact me at cschilling wikimedia.org or on my talk page and I can make the changes for you. Thanks, User:I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 15:54, 15 March 2018 (UTC)
Hello Biplab Anand thank you for submitting your proposal and adjusting your request according to the feedback you received. I am approving your grant request. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 13:59, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
Request for extension of reporting edit
I apologies for not submitting the report of the IdeaLab/Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia. Due to my academic examination, I was unable to complete it on given time and date. But, I will complete it by 10th of October and submit the final report with in 15 October, 2018. Please confirm and approve the extension of reporting time. Thanks--Biplab Anand (Talk) 08:57, 7 September 2018 (UTC)