Grants talk:IEG/Senior Citizens Write in Sanskrit Wikipedia
Combine with Samskruta Bharati activitiesEdit
- Samskruta Bharati has a training facility for learning Sanskrit. And I have attended one such in Ahmedabad. It would be better if target is those who come to Samskruta Bharati than spending this much on an individual travelling around, with no tangible impact. Also, Grants:IEG/Samskrit_Shastra_Project has claimed to have gone to universities, perhaps its better to club both. --Anonymous
NehalDaveND, I'm writing to let you know that your IEG proposal must be completed in order to be marked eligible for the current round. If you would like to proceed to committee review, please complete all of the remaining fields in your proposal (project goals, activities, community engagement, sustainability, measures of success, participants, community notifications) and then contact me to let me know when you are finished.
If your proposal is not completed by Monday, October 12, 2015, I will make it as ineligible. Please let me know if you need support finishing your proposal.
Eligibility confirmed, round 2 2015Edit
This Individual Engagement Grant proposal is under review!
We've confirmed your proposal is eligible for round 2 2015 review. Please feel free to ask questions and make changes to this proposal as discussions continue during this community comments period.
The committee's formal review for round 2 2015 begins on 20 October 2015, and grants will be announced in December. See the schedule for more details.
Aggregated feedback from the committee for Senior Citizens Write in Sanskrit WikipediaEdit
1=weak alignment 10=strong alignment
|(A) Impact potential
|(B) Innovation and learning
|(C) Ability to execute
|(D) Community engagement
|Comments from the committee:
Hello Everyone !
• I don’t know how this project would be adapted by International community but sa.wikipedia community will be boot.
• This project is feasible. Because it is like outreach program but here difficulty is we have to reach persons who have particular age group. If difficulty don’t there than why we do this project? In sa.wikipedia we have less activity and we tried Schools and colleges and friend circles without any help or little help. But this is some difficulty and we decide to face it. After this 6 month project sa.wikipedia also will more active. Now we want only this.
• If I studied from Somnath Sanskrit University and for this project I go there and bring some good person so what is risky in institute contact? I don’t know. Other volunteer will go related universities too.
• In Gurukulas Gurujis are giving free knowledge to their students. But they don’t aware about this project. So our work will to be touch and teach them only. Their knowledge is already in open source like the Ganga. Therefore free license etc are not issues.
• https://sa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%A6%E0%A4%B8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AF%E0%A4%83:NehalDaveND these articles written by me. Audio, some images are created by me. So "no original research" is not an issue. I know how can be handle it. You can see standards of those articles project result will be ditto that.
• Our all community members will be part of this project. Who wrote here or not. They actively or passively will be engaged in this project.
• Is the major effort in Phase 1 or 2? So it is very easy and very difficult too. Because there are so many ifs and else. If we will get enough numbers of seniors in a university than it will be easy and other may it difficult. Therefore we have chosen selected unis. So major efforts in phase 1 because we have to find or meet ups seniors. After success of phase 1 it will easy phase 2.
Round 2 2015 decisionEdit
Congratulations! Your proposal has been selected for an Individual Engagement Grant.
The committee has recommended this proposal and WMF has approved funding for the full amount of your request, $2347
Comments regarding this decision:
We appreciate your diligent efforts to revise and bring more clarity and focus to the proposal and budget. We look forward to seeing Sanskrit Wikipedia benefit from the strong research skills of Sanskrit scholars at Somnath University.
- You will be contacted to sign a grant agreement and setup a monthly check-in schedule.
- Review the information for grantees.
- Use the new buttons on your original proposal to create your project pages.
- Start work on your project!