Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
Malayalam Wikimedia projects
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- On 27th July 2018, soon after returning from Wikimania, imparted an orientation workshop on language computing and Wikimedia projects in Sanskrit, Malayalam and English at Sreesankara University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Kerala, with assistance from co-wikimanian Ranjith Siji. Link to Sanskrit University Event.
- On 07th August 2018, imparted an initiating talk on the bilateral possibilities of Wikimedia projects in technical education at the Government Engineering College, Idukki, Kerala.
- Pro-actively involved in planning and executing the Malayalam WP 60000 event at Govt. Model Boys Higher Secondary School Kollam on 10th November 2018.
- Actively participated and shared knowledge on Copyright_workshop:_South_India (19th to 21 October 2018).
- Participated in WikiCite 2018 conference and exchanged valuable inputs during 27-30 November at Berkeley.
- Helped in planning and executing the Wikisangamotsavam 2018
- Continues to volunteer as a consultant and technology supervisor for Scool Wiki , a highly promising major mediawiki project for all school students of the state, started under the the Department of Public Education, Govt. of Kerala.
The experience acquired from the interactions with various attendees of Wikimania 2019 has helped me tremendously in performing satisfactorily in the above activities.
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
Apart from my highly useful re-encounter with some of the veteran Wikipedians, meeting many Indic Wikipedians at one place and discussing common issues with them were very productive. The Asia-pacific Wikimedian meetup was a highly goal-oriented discussion. Meeting Srishti and exchanging ideas with her seems very promising in developing some new metrics and Indic-centric tools.