Grants:TPS/Susannaanas/State of the Map 2013
|This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2013-14. A report is available.|
- User name
- User location (country)
- Event name
- State of the Map + Hackday
- Event Web site
- Event date(s)
- 6-9 September 2013
- Event location (city)
- Birmingham, UK
- Amount requested (remember to specify currency!)
- 618,74 €
- Flight + 5 nights hotel 505,14€ (purchased)
- Accommodation (budgeted) 5 * 50 € = 250 €
- Today Aug 29 the cheapest flight price has risen to 304€. Combination plane Helsinki - London, train London - Birmingham equals more.
- Airport transportation 2 * 6,30€ + 2 * 4€ = 20,60€
- Participation fee 93 € (80 £)
Wikimaps is a project that bridges activities in Wikimedia and the OpenStreetMap in the area of historical maps. I am presenting the project in the State of the Map program. There will be a birds-of-a-feather meeting with project participants that come from the Open Historical Map project. The OHM community within the OpenStreetMap develop a mapping environment for historical maps. It will be an opportunity to develop our projects further together. http://2013.stateofthemap.org/info/programme/
My Wikimania 2013 presentation can be found on SlideShare http://www.slideshare.net/susannaanas/wikimaps-wikimania
Goal and Expected ImpactEdit
We will create closer collaboration with the Open Historical Map group to start creating a common ground between the Wikimedia and OpenStreetMap communities. We will also raise awareness of the project among the OpenStreetMap community. Meeting with the OHM members is a kickstart for the Wikimaps development.
Please consider advance disbursement for the application, though the application is a few days short of the required schedule.