Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
Odia Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Odia Wikisource
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Discussion on Village Pump and IRC discussion for identifying potential needs for IEG.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Learning pattern "Frugal video production for Wikimedia Commons".
- Talked about "How to do Guerrilla GLAM" (About 20 participants in the talk) and chaired in panel "Edit-a-thons for bridging the gender gap on Wikimedia (with User:Netha Hussain as moderator; and User:Keilana, User:Siko (WMF) and User: Rohini as copanelists; about 25 participants in the panel discussion).
- Jake Orlowitz, The Wikipedia Library, WMF: Taking forward the Wikipedia Library or similar project initiation in Indian languages. Discussion on with the Odia Wikimedia community now.
- Jorge Vargas: Access to Knowledge (A2K) coalition meeting during Wikimania, discussed about starting a global group to discuss about challenges with A2K initiatives, activities and sharing learning from success and failure.
- Vassia Atanassova, Serbia: Founder of #!00WikiDays, attended the talk ] and met during the Learning Day.
- Anna Koval, WMF: Exchange of ideas about Wikipedia Education Program.
- Amir Aharoni, Niklas Laxström, Runa Bhattacharjee and Santhosh Thottingal from WMF's Language Engineering: Copyright issues with keyboard layouts, content translation strategies for Indic languages, reported bugs and requested for features in Content Translation.
- Asaf Bartov and Katy Love, WMF: Discussion about learning from the past activities in India and plans ahead, strategies to address community issues.
- Rosemary Rein, Jaime Anstwee, María Cruz]] and Edward Galvez: Interacted over two days during the Learning Day on several strategies around learning and evaluation, metrics and project design; shared learning from own work in India.
Interactions with South Asian Wikimedians/organizations during and beyond the Indic meetup]:
- Ravishankar (Wikimedia India), Dineshkumar Ponnusamy and Thamizhpparithi Maari from Tamil Wikimedia community: Discussions on Tamil-language palm leaf manuscript digitization plans, photo-upload contest and WikiLovesFood, strategies and plans of Wikimedia India with Ravi.
- Krish Dulal, Nabin Sapkota from Nepali Wikipedia community and Biplab Anand from Maithili community: Discussion about plans for expansion of the user group in Nepal for growth of Nepali, Maithili, and collaboration between India and Nepal for various online edit-a-thons, knowledge and learning sharing of Wikipedia Education Programs.
- Satdeep, Punjabi Wikipedia: Outreach in Patiala and Ludhiana in the Indian state of Punjab, online outreach and reaching out to editors from the Punjab region of Pakistan for collaborative contribution to Western Punjabi and Punjabi Wikipedia.
- Netha Hussain, Manoj Karingamadathil and Viswa Prabha from Malayalam Wikipedia: Wikisource and Wikipedia Education programs in schools, Netha's plans for enriching Wikipedia with more pathological images.
- Nahid Sultan and Hasive Choudhury from Wikimedia Bangladesh for Bangladesh-India collaboration in program design, learning sharing and online outreach, cross-nation media coverage and collaboration on other free software and free knowledge projects.
- Ahmed Nisar from Telugu, Hindi and Urdu Wikipedia and Syed Muzammilauddin from Urdu and Hindi Wikipedia: Plans for India-level Hindi Wikipedia conference and Hindi-Urdu Wikipedia collaboration.
- Khalid Mahmood, Western Punjabi Wikipedia: Collaboration between Western Punjabi Wikipedia community and Indian Punjabi Wikipedia community
- Josh Lim, Wikimedia Philippines: GLAM and on-wiki collaboration to enhance Wikipedia content related to South, South-East and and East Asia.
- Beat_Estermann, GLAM-wiki: Translation of survey questions and running OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey, analysis of GLAM outreach in India.
- Takashi Ota from Japaneese Wikipedia: Collaborative contribution to topics related to Japan and India
- Liam Wyatt, Founder of GLAM-wiki: Discussion on GLAM collaborations in India
- Axel Pettersson, Wikimedia Sweden: GLAM learning sharing and featuring more GLAM news on Twitter rotation curation project WeAreWikipedia.
- Indic Meetup
- Participated in Indic Meetup, discussed about a collaboration among efforts among Wikimedians from SAARC countries and planning for a Wikimania 2019 bid.