Grants:TPS/Mompati Dikunwane/BwIndependence day 2017
I am an active Wikipedian in Botswana. I have organised a number of events in the past. I am invited together with Setsile by the organiser of the project Boipuso which is organised by Ministry of Youth sports and culture as a speaker at the event. I have my presentation ready for the event. The other participant will help with taking pictures to contribute to Wikimedia commons. I am going to present on how the historical information or data from monuments and sites can be backed up using Wikipedia tools and how media can be released under commons to allow for usage by everyone who might want to use it.
Goal and expected impactEdit
- Create awareness about Wikimedia and her related projects.
- Recruit new editors to Wikimedia and her related projects.
- Number of participants = 35
- Round trip:
Return Flight from Francistown to Gaborone (150 * 2) = $300. Return journey
- Hotel Accommodation $165 * 2 days :
- Cab fare during event dates = $150 (2days) transportation from the port to the event venue and hotel
- Food and drinks(breakfast, lunch and dinner) = $200 * 2 days = $400
TOTAL = $1,180
Advance disbursement before the event, to allow us to attend.