Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
Moheen (aks Moheen Reeyad)
bnwiki, Commons, bnwikivoyage, Wikidata, Meta
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
This was my first Wikimania. Though I got the scholarship for the first time in 2017 and, it was very exciting because finally, I could meet people I'm working with. We were two from Bangladesh, but unfortunately, both of us got rejected by the Canadian embassy. After that this year 6 of us got the scholarship from Bangladesh, and till the largest number of participants from our country.
During the whole conference, I was interested in outreach, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves Earth and some technical related sessions, like Wikidata tools. After got back from Wikimania, I've already started to implement those experience in our homewikis, like Wikidata:Wikiproject Bangladesh. During the Wikimania, I actively shared my experience through social media like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. I took photos from several sessions and published on Wikimedia Bangladesh's official Twitter & Facebook pages.
And the last thing I have to say: Thanks to Wikimania, for all the experiences!
Here are some sessions and meetings I've attended during Wikimania:
- Learning Days
- Wikimedia Commons and GLAM needs around the world
- Wikidata-enabled Infobox Workshop
- Wikimedia Asia Meetup
- Bengali Wikipedians' meetup
- Wikidata Meetup
Also, during the conference we able to publish news in Bangladesh's national daily, and posted them in WMBD & BNWP's official Twitter & Facebook pages.:
-  Wikimania pre-conference begins (in Bengali) @ Bangla Tribune
-  Wikimania main conference begins (in Bengali) @ Bangla Tribune
-  Nelson Mandela's diary is open on Wikimedia (in Bengali) @ Bangla Tribune
-  Wikimania ends in a variety of events (in Bengali) @ Bangla Tribune
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- Started Wikiproject Bangladesh and discuss more with some fellow Wikimedians from country and abroad.
- We discussed planning for ESEAP conference 2019 and proposal for Wikimedia SAARC 2020 conference in Bangladesh.
- Meet and learn with Kiwix people and share plan how Bengali Wikipedia included to this project.
During the Wikimania, I met, talked and spent times with some wonderful people; learned a lot and shared some. I am thankful to themselves.
- User:Afifa Afrin - discuss organizing an event at the Asian University for Women in Chittagong focusing on gender gap
- User:Atudu - discussed about her project Wiki Loves Butterfly
- User:Bijay chaurasia - discussed about Quality and Valued images on Commons.
- User:Biplab Anand - discussed about organizing an online Edit-a-thon focusing Bangla and Nepali Wikipedia community aiming to create women related articles.
- Bishakha Datta
- User:Bluerasberry - discussed about Bengali community
- User:Bodhisattwa - discussed and exchanged ideas about Wikidata and planning to work on Wikidata:Wikiproject Bangladesh.
- User:Cornelius Kibelka (WMDE) - discussed about present situation of the local chapter
- User:Hasive - discussed and exchanged ideas about Wikidata and planning to work on Wikidata:Wikiproject Bangladesh.
- User:Ibrahim Husain Meraj - discussed about administrative topics on our home wiki
- User:Kalliope (WMF)
- User:Manik Soren - discussed and exchanged ideas about the new project Santali Wikipedia
- User:Martin Rulsch (WMDE)
- User:Netha Hussain
- User:PANKAJ DEO
- User:Pmlineditor - discussed about Wikidata technical issues.
- User:Satdeep Gill
- User:SSethi (WMF)
- User:Wikilover90 - discussed about Wiki Loves Love
- Wikimania photographs taken by me can be found in here.
Some of my clicks are got marked as QI's and VI's which I took during Wikimania 2018 in Cape Town: