My Input / outcomeEdit
I participated in several capacities
- Submitted and showed up with two posters.
- One poster related to the WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique project, an education program in 4 francophones African countries, which is a showcase use of the WikiFundi software : Program/WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique Poster.
- A generic WikiFundi poster
- Stayed 3 hours at the poster session and got lot's of interested visitors.
- Co-hosted the Program/Activating the next generation : Wikipedia in Schools with Isla with presentation of the WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique and WikiFundi
- hand out SD cards with WikiFundi to several wikimedia teams, cards made on the fly with the help of Bachounda. It was a challenge... but we appreciated the Internet connection at the hotel was up and good !
- Was invited to present Wikifundi during the Wikipedia and digital equity in Education: digital skills for life and free knowledge for the world by Nicole
- Participated to the Decolonizing the internet conference and volunteered for some post-event action
- Joined the Strategy Steering Committee for a 6 hours marathon meet up in Cape Town in room 32 to select the members of the 9 working groups
- Attended the wm2018:African Meetup
- Attended the wm2018:Meetups/Make Wiki Loves Monuments thrive across Africa
- Attended the wm2018:WikiFranca Meetup and launched the new Telegram account of the group
- Actively participated and supported the c:Category:Wikimania 2018 - WikiWomen's Lunch (and uploaded a few pictures afterwards)
- Attended a Wikimania Committee breakfast meeting
On the social side
- official face to face launch of Wiki Loves Women in Tanzania and Uganda !
- went for a 2 hours visit of the awesome en:Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden !
- Took the Ubuntu Township Tour trip, as I felt Cape Town should not only be WaterFront and TableMoutains (which I did not have the time to visit, sadly). Took a collection of photos to illustrate District 6 on Commons.
- attended a Wiki in Africa board meeting dinner
- assisted Harmonia to get her flight back to France on time :) (there really was a problem with the pre-booking of the transportation system to and fro the airport...)
- was featured on the cutest Wikimania 2018 picture (really drank too much that night though...)
I actually already met at least once with many of the participants. So overall, it was more a re-connexion than a connexion. There were also new contacts ! I particularly would note
- Erina Mukuta from Uganda
- Douglas Ssebaggala from Uganda
- Iddy John from Tanzania
- Abdallah Azibert from Chad
- Lorenzo Newman from Moleskine Foundation
- Erik Bolinder from WikiMaster (new)
- Celina Recalde Ovelar from Unesco (new)
- Julia Kamin from CivilServant (new)
- Rahul Deshmukh from Wikimedia India (WikiFundi) (new)
- David de Villiers from DataDigest (SA - WikiFundi) (new)
- Carolyne Ekyarishma from App Girls Tanzania (actually another member) (new)
- Beauty Ngqakayi from Noluthando pre-school (new)
- Chabota Rampel Kanguya from Zambia (new)
- Erik Nitschke CollabPad (new)
- Recontact Rosie about her book on women
- In September, connect with Rupika, Celina, and Julia
- About WikiFundi, contact Erik, David and James from WikiMed
- Follow-up on WikiFranca
- Follow-up with Lorenzo about WikiAfrica Schools
- Add most of the above to database
- Meet-up with Harmonia in September
- Article on Decolonization mouvement to write and translate for Whose Knowledge