Grants:Project/Rapid/Yoruba Wikimedians User Group/Yoruba Wikipedia Offline Awareness Campaigns
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Offline promotion of Yoruba Wikipedia
- Recruitment of volunteers for Yoruba Wikipedia
- Increase the quality of contents on Yoruba Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- This offline awareness campaigns will focus on promoting Yoruba Wikipedia in higher institution. We aim to organize an offline campaign in one of the four proposed institutions to promote Yoruba Wikipedia. In collaboration with Yoruba language department of selected institution, we will move around the institution with banners with various promotional materials such as wrist bands, customize shirt with inscription such as "You can edit Yoruba Wikipedia" or 'Let's build Yoruba Wikipedia together". We will hire Indigenous Yoruba drummers to create attentions as we move from one corner of the institutions to the other. We will do this for at least 2 hours. After this, there would be a short symposium (for an hour or two) to discuss how to contribute to Yoruba Wikipedia as a beginners and registration of new potential volunteers.
Proposed institutions includes
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Lagos State University
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will send emails to our community members and also call them over a telephone call. We could even have one or more meetings. There would also be an announcements on our mailing list and all our social media.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- At the end of every campaigns, we will take basic information of participants including phone numbers and emails. So, we ll create a WhatsApp group to follow up with participants. There would be a mentorship program for at one months by experienced members of our community
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- If at least 100 people are reached
- If at least 30 people participate
- If after one month, there are at least 20 new contributors
- If there is an increase in the number of pageviews.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the budget breakdown for the campaign
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of campaign|
(Sumtotal :NGN503683.10 (USD 1651.42 )).
|1||Roll-up or retractable banners||1||30000||30000||98.36||98.36||This would cover the cost of Roll-up or retractable banners at the venue of our symposium and meeting point|
|2||Pop-up banners||2||30000||60000||98.36||196.72||This is the cost of Pop-up banners for campaigns across the institution|
|3||Customized shirts||10||3000||30000||9.83||98.36||This is a high quality materia and would be strictly for coordinators of the campaigns student leaders who will also assist in coordinating the campaign.|
|4||Drummers||1||20000||20000||65.57||65.57||This will cover the cost of Yoruba drummers that will move around with campaigners across the institutions. Yoruba drums and drummers are known for uniqueness and their presence would attract attentions|
|5||Wrist bands||50||250||12500||0.81||40.98||This swag is for participants|
|6||Hall Rental||1||100000||100000||327.86||327.86||This is the estimated cost of hall rental for symposium|
|7||Local transport for campaign coordinators||4||10000||40000||32.78||131.14||This would cover the cost or transportation of the campaign coordinators|
|8||Foods||50||2500||125000||8.19||409.83||This is the cost of food for participants and coordinators|
|9||Pre-campaign meetings||3||5000||15000||16.39||49.18||There are going to be meetings with institutions authority and student leaders prior to the campaigns. This is budgeted to take care of the expenses|
|10||Fliers||1||40000||40000||131.14||131.14||This would cover the cost of fliers for distributions to people on campus during campaign|
|11||Phone calls||1||10000||10000||32.78||32.78||This would cover the cost of fliers for distributions to people on campus during campaign|
|12||Contingency||1||21350||21350||70||70||This is for unforeseen expenses|
|Grand Total: Sumtotal :NGN503683.10 (USD 1651.42)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
This project is targeting a very necessary group. Yoruba scholars need this sensitization in order for the desired improvement to be achieved. As an editor on Yoruba Wikipedia, I'm willing to be a part of this project and contribute my quota to it's success Adefanike (talk) 15:21, 15 September 2019 (UTC)