Grants:Project/Rapid/Yoruba Wikimedians User Group/Promotional Video: AfroCuration For Covid-19
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The AfroCuration For Covid-19 is a project in partnership with the Moleskine Foundation to make available important articles relating to COVID-19 in the Yoruba language. This involves the translation of these articles from English to the Yoruba language and promoting the articles on social media to improve readership. We will create a short video (10 min - 15 mins) to promote the AfroCuration Campaign contents and the Yoruba Wikipedia to attract readership. More information about this project can be found here
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We have 10 priority articles that have been published on the Yoruba Wikipedia. These articles would be summarized in an interesting short documentary video. This video would be promoted by the Moleskine Foundation, Wikimedia Foundation Communication and the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group. It would be promoted on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to attract readership.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We Already have the following platforms for discussions
- WhatsApp group
- Mailing list
- Twitter and Facebook fan page will be created.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- If at least one short subject documentary video is produced and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- If at least 10,000 people viewed the video
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a 500 USD for social media promotion
- Volunteers to manage the social media promotion
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: Budget
- 1813.47 USD for the short documentary video production
- contigency - 100 USD
Total budget = 1913.47