Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase the number of freely licensed photographs of protected cultural monuments in Albania;
- Create new articles about protected cultural monuments of Albanian;
- Improve the quality of content on Wikimedia projects by securing topical images;
- Illustrate already exiting articles about protected cultural monuments in Albanian language Wikipedia;
- Encourage active participation of photographers in Wikimedia projects;
- Promote the donated content through social media and other channels;
- Raise the awareness of the cultural monuments of Albanian through the photographs uploaded during the competition;
- Promote Wikimedia projects to the photographers and monuments protection community;
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community? The contest will focus on pictures with the subject of protected cultural monuments. Institute for the Protection of Monuments of Albanian has made available a list of protected monuments. Since this is the third time the competition is being held, some of the photos considered well covered will be removed from eligible list for prizes.
2. How will you let people know about the contest? Several promotion channels will be used. We will engage the press and electronic media 2. Promote in the Albanian language community's Facebook (sq.wikipedia.org, Twitter (sqwikipedia) and Flickr communities. We also have a mailing list of some 100 people who have shown interest in photography events before.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? Jury will consist of a mixed team of Wikipedians, monuments specialists and photographers and photos will be judged on technical accomplishment, educational value and originality.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? A separate event is planned for December in Tirana, Wikipedia Weekend Tirana 2016. The participants will be asked to work on placement of the donated images on articles, we did the same last year and it worked quite good. Also are other events planned about Wikipedia like Wiki Loves Maps or WLM edit a thon that will be held after the competition.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? Timeline of activities:
- Update all pages with the necessary information about the project;
- Promote competitions through the use of social networks, blogs, mailing lists of related communities and local and national media;
- Competition phase;
- Constitute competition jury;
- Evaluate photographs uploaded by the selected jury and determine winners;
- Submit best local photographs for participation in the global WLM competition;
- Organize award ceremonies for the winners of the competition in December at the editathon;
- Project evaluation and project report.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- At least 50 participants upload one photograph or more;
- At least 600 photographs uploaded and kept after review;
- At least 20 new articles about cultural monuments in Albanian Wikipedia and other Wikipedia languages, and in other Wikimedia projects (Commons, Wikivoyage);
- At least 50 already existing articles illustrated with the collected photos.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
User group has a strong collaboration with Open Labs hackerspace. We have already organized a lot of Wiki events, including WLM 2014, WLM 2015, Wikipedia Weekend and WLE. Also we are in touch with the National Institution of Albanian Monuments, they are positive to help us with materials and promotion but still we have a final answer from them in what level will be our collaboration.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
The following budget is planned to carry out the activity.
|Prizes for best photographs and contributors||250|
|Certificates for the awarded photographers and jury members||20|
|Printing 10 best pictures in large format and framing, small format for winners||300|
|Awards ceremony-rent and catering||250|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Good idea to further promote Wikipedia in Albania. And still a lot of monuments that need to be documented. Try to direct people to the monuments not already very well documented (we have plenty of good images of Butrint, Durrës amphitheatre, Kruja castle and Shodra castle). Albinfo (talk) 21:48, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer I will assist in updating the list of monuments and in creation of articles. Liridon (talk) 08:07, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer I will help by adding new photos to existing articles and creating new articles as well. Olsi (talk) 12:02, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer I will help to put the photos in articles in Wikipedia. Ammar Tivari Talk! 15:34, 16 September 2016 (UTC)