WoALUG is requesting 236.017 USD to support presence of 4 members at OSCAL conference in Tirana, Albania, to host an information booth, present 4 talks/workshops and organize a community gathering.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Expand network of potential partners
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- Coordinate group activities
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- Purpose of attendance is presentation of the Wikimedia projects to an audience of over 350 people through an information booth and presentations and workshops.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes. Presentations will be made on:
- My first Wikipedia edit (workshop by sq:User:Planeti)
- Wikidata: structured open data (presentation promoting Wikidata use by developers)
- Promoting Albania's tourism potential on Wikivoyage (short presentation by User:Arianit)
- Albanian Wikipedia Community Discussion (meetup by User:Liridon)
- Wikimedia Diversity (workshop by User:Kristina Millona & User:JonaRizvanolli)
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Hand out stickers
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- Relevant mailing lists will be informed about our presence.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- We will be available for any networking opportunities.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- New contributors will be offered support in their first months.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation/workshop attendees: 60
- Number of new potential partners: 1
- Number of outreach activity participants: 150
- Number of new editors:20
- Number of of articles created or improved:20
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
We asked for merchandise in a separate request to WMF.
- Hostel x 4 people x 2 nights x 13 eur/night = 104 EUR
- Travel: 520 km return car trip Prishtina-Tirana = 60 EUR
- Travel: bus tickets Gjilan-Prishtina 12 EUR
- Travel: 404 km return bus trip Struga-Tirana = 15 EUR
Total 191 EUR
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Oscal is one of the biggest events about free/open source and knowledge, so wikimedia presence is a must. And I'm happy that this year are involved more people from our group to make sure all sessions to be covered :) thank you -Margott (talk) 10:17, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support Nice to hear for all these Wiki-related activities in OSCAL this year, where I might attend. Rudi.b (talk) 15:40, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support OSCAL is that kind of conference where Wikimedia should not be left out, due to the conference's main goal on free knowledge. I see from the Grant proposal that we have a comprehensive Wikimedia program this year as a local user group (presentations, meet up, workshops). I am responsible together with another Wikipedia contributer, Jona for the Wikimedia workshop (which will be mostly focused on LGBT issues) which I assess as really important in order to raise the content of underrepresented groups in Albanian Wikipedia.-Kristina Millona (talk)
- Support Nice to hear for all these Wiki-related activities in OSCAL this year, where I might attend.--PLANETI DISKUTO