Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This contest will focus on adding some photos available in Wikimedia commons to articles that needs to be improved/ without images. This contest will aid the community volunteers to learn about the wikimedia commons, licensing, copyright and how pictures can be re-used after uploading them.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Our Facebook group and a Telegram channel will be used to spread the news abut the contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will judge by one photo per article, the more the photos placed on articles the greater the chance of getting the price.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Stub articles are mostly the ones that lack photos, therefore stub article category or instance the culture, will be selected and pictures will be sorted up in the commons section and placed on matching articles.
httpsː//fist.toolforge.org/wd4wp/#/ 5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants ː 40
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commonsː 700
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projectsː 40
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Mompati Dikunwane: Project Lead
- Candy Tricia Khohliwe: Logistics Manager
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes , merchandises (Usb's, Hard drives, internet data, t-shirts etc)-
- logistical expense - $100
- Internet Subscription for Online training activities - $320
- Designers of posters for social media and advertising campaigns - $250
- Report Writing Internet subscription - $200
Total expenses = $1370
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!