Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska/Wiki ambassador in Republic of Srpska
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Wiki ambassador in the Republic of Srpska is a project which would be upgraded and expanded in the future and which focuses on introduction of the Wikimedians and Wikipedians into the educational, GLAM and similar institutions with aim of collecting relevant data which are hard to come by due to the lack of literature online. Specifically, this project presumed cooperation with one educational and one GLAM institution. In total sum, three delegates from Wikimedia community of the Republic of Srpska would be delegated for this task, one in educational institution, the other two in GLAM institution. In the partner school, serie of workshops will be organized, one workshop each week for period of six weeks with minimum of 15 participants. In the last week, edit-a-thon would be organized and three best participants would be awarded with symbolic prizes. Likewise, at the same time, we would work on creation of the case study which would be done in form of a video, short movie to be precise, where all advantages of the inclusion of Wikipedia in educational institutions would be presented. Interviews with teachers and students would be made in addition to interviews with members of the community. Workshops would be thematically directed towards contents with lowest representation value and for which is very hard to procure literature. These weekly workshops would be lead in cooperation with two teachers. Content will revolve around culture, national traditions and customs and the initial literature would be provided in cooperation with city library, our partner on similar projects in the past. Besides the goal already described above, secondary objective is to gather materials on protected monuments (without quality representation on Serbian Wikipedia) on which is none or very little accessible literature about, enrichment of Wikipedia through content by creating articles on natural and cultural-historical monuments which are located on the territory of the Republic of Srpska and furthermore, enrichment of the Wikimedia Commons through upload of photographs related to protection of the cultural and historical heritage of the Republic of Srpska.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The activities of our community during the project will be:
- project planning
- negotiations with institutions
- preparation of the project documentation
- negotiations with WMF
- project logotype design
- page creation on site
- page creation of the project on Wikipedia
- promotional activities
- literature gathering
- workshops realization
- article writing
- photo upload of the events to the Commons
- control and article correction
- providing assistance to the students
- activity video and interview process for the participants
- footage montage ( to create video which will represent activities of the Wiki section)
- edit-a-thon organization
- winner proclamation and award ceremony
- placing the report on Meta
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We engage a local person in every institution to contact with the school and invite their students on workshops. Also, the communication will take place through e-mails and fb pages.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We will try to maintain communication. We will try to include them in the future projects.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 20 participants
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 170 new articles
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): 200 photographs + 1 movie
- Number of facebook followers/page likes: >200
- Number of media announcements: 10
- community will be stronger than now (min15 new users)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The project will be organized by the experienced members of the Wikimedia Community of the Republic of Srpska. School will provide free space for workshops, thanks to the cooperation so far. This will save us 300 EUR of expenses.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||WMF||Notes|
|1||Preparation||Preparation||3||3||50||150||EUR||150||phone, internet,bus card, postal costs, etc.|
|3||Printing and copying||Printing and copying||1||340||0.3||102||EUR||102||material necessary for the creation of the articles, on average all pages for a single article|
|4||Prizes||I, II and III prizes||1 package||50-20-10||90||90||EUR||90||3 symbolic prizes, books|
|5||Camera||Camera||1||1||400||400||EUR||400||for video, quality is not of the photographs material which will be uploaded to the Commons, for the future project of the WMCRS|
|6||Project management||The amount is to cover expenditures of our members who will spend money and time to work on the sessions.||person||3||200||600||EUR||600||The amount is calculated as this: 3 persons monthly (100 euros per person x 3 = 300 euros monthly); 200 euros x 3 months = 600 euros.|
|7||Miscellaneous and reserves||50||50||EUR||50|
- Total cost of project:
- EUR 1.692
- Total amount:
- EUR 1.392
- I believe it will attract some new contributors and will help to gather material of protected monuments. Jaluj (talk) 19:05, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
- This project will encourage cooperation between educational and GLAM institutiones. It's very helpful for development of our society. Svarog vgd (talk) 20:31, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- I think that this project will positively influenced by the community. In addition, Wikipedia will be enriched with quality content. --Bojan Lakovic (talk) 20:57, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- This project will stimulate cooperation between educational and GLAM institutiones. It's helpful for development of our society. Admanummedici (talk) 21:05, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- This project may help our community and educational institutiones. Isonandra gutta (talk) 22:10, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- I like the project. I think it will improve the quality of certain content on Wikipedia. Kolega2357 (talk) 21:15, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- I think that the project is good and necessary at this moment for the promotion of Wikimedia in Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina.-Слободни умјетник (talk) 21:54, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- I share the opinion with Слободни умјетник, the project is very significant for the development wiki movement on the territory of the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina. --Луиђи Ањели (talk) 22:55, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- Given the importance GLAM and other educational institutions have for work of Wikipieda and Wikimedia, its of crucial importance to further develop mutual cooperation between Wikimedia Community of the Republic of Srpska and GLAM and education institutions in the Republic of Srpska and this project would serve that purpose and has potential for expansion in the longer run with larger number of GLAM and education bodies participating. --Ljubiša Malenica (talk) 18:04, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
- Very good idea ---Profesor Markovic (talk) 10:24, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
- Тhis project is very significant for the development wiki movement on the territory of the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina. ---~~~~
- This project is necessary for promotion and development of Wikimedia in Republic of Srpska. --Tufnica Njezna (talk) 16:11, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
- Good idea!!! ---CarRadovan (talk) 21:45, 16 February 2017 (UTC)