Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- To create awareness and promotion of Wikimedia projects and more specifically Nigeria language Wikipedia
- To increase women-related contents on Wikimedia projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
The program starts on Wednesday, October 4th 2017 and runs through 4th January 2017 from 10:AM to 10:45 AM every Wednesday. Notable women in various field including academics, business, politics, civic, engineering, medicine, science, entrepreneur, banking are our major guests. The discussion would focus on Wikimedia movement, Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects, how to get involved and how to build a sustainable and long-term relationship with established women organization to promote Wikimedia movement and projects in Nigeria, encourage donations of women-related contents as well as developing a strategy to increasing the number of women contributors to Wikimedia projects. Telephone lines will be opened for listeners to call, text, so that they can contribute and ask questions. We plan to involve print media so that text from radio interviews can be turned into articles and columns that will then be used as secondary sources. Also, the program will focus on gathering information about lives and works of women to be interviewed.
We believe that at the end of every program, listeners who want to learn about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects will reach out to us through the phone numbers to connect with the community (WUGN). This is expected since the broadcast will reach millions of listeners. Since the program will be broadcasted 4 times in a month, there would be a workshop in every last Saturday of the month to train potential new editors who have shown interest in contributing to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. We can also invite female students of tertiary institutions to participate. Articles relating to Nigerian women would also be created. We plan to use our monthly meetup as a platform to accommodate for this workshop.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Official mailing list of Wikimedia UG Nigeria
- WFM 91.7 Website
- | Official facebook page
- Official twitter handle
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
We plan monthly meetup, virtual mentorship projects eg Whatsapp, facebook chat etc
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
This project would be considered successful if at least;#50 people participates (not including the number of people that call during the airing of the program)
- 20 new editors are recruited
- 12 programs are broadcasted
- 12 notable Nigerian Women are invited
- 4 workshops are organized
- 50 new articles are created
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Omobolanle Olanrewaju (presenter)
- Oladunwa Yinka Kehinde (co-presenter)
- Zoe Octavia Kpaka (co-presenter)
- User:Olaniyan Olushola (Project Lead)
- User:Kaizenify (coordinator)
- User:Lafemo123 (logistics manager)
- User:Darreg (workshop facilitator)
- User:Agbalagba (workshop facilitator)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
Budget for Wiki Loves Nigerian Women Breakfast ShowEdit
This is the estimated budget for the Wiki Loves Nigerian Women Breakfast Show
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Cost per week of presenting the program on air|
(Sumtotal : 50000 NGN)
|1||Transportation of Media Crew||6||2500||15,000||49.39||This would cover the cost of transportation for our media crew|
|2||Refreshment for Media Crew||6||2500||15,000||49.39||This would cover the cost of refreshment for our media crew|
|3||transportation Stipends for invited guests||3||5,000||15,000||49.39||This is the cost of stipends to encourage our presenters|
|4||Refreshment for guest||1||3000||3000||This would cover the cost of refreshment for our invited guest|
|Total cost per week (without contingency cost): NGN 48,000 (USD 157.89)|
Contingency cost: NGN 2000 (USD 6.57)
Grand Total:NGN 50,000 (USD 164.47)
The above budget represent cost per week of presenting the program.
Memorandum of UnderstandingEdit
- This project is really important for the Nigerian women especially due to the recent gender bias that exist. Confident that this project will further put more awareness to the Nigerian women. Kaizenify (talk) 10:25, 10 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support A very good and novel initiative. Other affiliates can learn and implement this idea in their regions. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 00:41, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support This is a brilliant initiative, we can also learn through this idea and execute it in our communities, Olaniyan Olushola, all the best :) Best Mompati Dikunwane
- Support As one of the project leads on [Wiki Loves Women] we are very excited that [User:Olaniyan Olushola|Olaniyan Olushola] and the rest of the team have found a way to continue engaging and broadening the visibility of the project and the issues it raises. This promises to be high profile and rewarding! Islahaddow (talk) 15:14, 18 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support To help grow the Hausa language. HausaDictionary (talk) 19:31, 23 January 2018 (UTC)