Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- 1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
One tour will be organized as a photographic competition, modeled on Wikipedia Takes Your City (more details in question 5). About 20 participants will be present.
- 2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
The walk will focus on historical buildings and monuments. This project is a priority because on one side will be the first Wikipedia Takes Your City event in Africa and the Arab world, but also it will serve the contest Wiki Loves Monuments whose first edition will be held in Morocco in September 2016.
- 3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
After the photowalk, a uploading session will be organized for participants to add their photos taken during the tour, on Wikimedia Commons.
- 4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
As the event Wikipedia Takes Your City requires participation by individuals with their photo cameras. Each participant must bring his camera.
Two other cameras will be in place in case there will be problems during the tour. At the end, the winning duo will win these two cameras.
It is not necessary to have a Wikimedia account to participate, because during the session, each participant will create their account and will make its debut on Commons and Wikipedia. The book "Utiliser Wikipédia comme source d'information fiable" [Use Wikipedia as a reliable source of information] and help pages will be supports.
The two cameras and the book are part of this grant application.
- 5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Wikipedia Takes Rabat-Salé is photographic competition to be held in one day as a photo walk in the cities of Rabat & Salé, in order to celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of the launch of the encyclopedia.
Participation will be open to all, Wikipedians or not. Participants will form binomials teams. They will compete to photograph as many sites as possible from a list of objectives which items are missing photographs, or missing some key photographs.
At the end of the photographic hunt, an upload a session will be organized so that participants can upload their photos on Wikipedia. Upon completion of uploading, the tool will calculate the points earned by the team (or the photographer solo) and one or those who have accumulated the most points will win.
The Bouregreg Association will be our partner in this project, it will provide us guides for the tour, and a room for the upload session.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 20 participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 2000 photos
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 20%
- Number of articles created or improved: 30 articles
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Buy two DSLR Nikon cameras : 1 D3300 (7300 MAD), 1 D3200 (5200 MAD). Total= 12500 MAD (See prices on Jumia https://www.jumia.ma/nikon/)
- Printing 25 t-shirts with logos of Wiki Loves Monuments and Wikipedia Takes Rabat-Salé. 50 MAD/person = 1250 MAD.
- Prize money. 1000 MAD
- Buy the book "Utiliser Wikipédia comme source d'information fiable" (http://www.editionsklog.com/product/utiliser-wikipedia-comme-source-d-information-fiable) . 20€ ~ 220 MAD
Total= 14970 MAD ~ 1,519.38 $ USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!