Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group/Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 in Benin
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Project Goal edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Introduce Wiki Loves Folklore project to existing and new contributors of wiki commons, and share all about Wiki Loves Folklore and its purpose.
- Recruit loyal contributors (professional photographers and non-professional) to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Engage existing contributors and encourage them to continue contributing even when the contest is over.
Project Plan edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on media content on local folk culture in Benin. This is important to our community because it will help delivering a positive light on the rich culture that Benin has, thanks to wikimedia projects.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Offline: Word of mouth and posters will be printed and displayed in various places.
- Online: We have created project pages on meta and commons. We've also filled the participants tab on the Project page. We will set up social media pages (Facebook, Twitter ) to reach people online.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of 3 judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis, thanks to Montage, to select the best images for local awards.
- Other three experimented wikipedian will judge the contributions to select the best wikipedia contributor during the contest.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia. We may also create new articles based on these images at the edit-a-thons.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will create an isa tool campaign for the period of the contest to improve the descriptions of the uploaded photos.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of articles created or improved: 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 535,775 FCFA (XOF) as of January 9th 2021 Oanda
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Events||Venue||2||$150||$300||All in person meet ups will follow the COVID-19 measures set up by the government of Benin.|
|Branding & Stationaries||T-Shirts||10||$7.5||$75||T-shirt will be given to contributor who has uploaded good number and quality photos, as well as to participant who has won the local ISA contest.|
|Communications, Outreach & COVID-19 equipment||Internet at the events||4||$50||$200||Internet will be used during events for photo uploading and edit-a-thon. Communication (Online press and social media...)|
|Social Media (Promotion)||5||$20||$100|
|COVID-19 equipment||-||-||$50||Hand Sanitizer, Soaps, Washing basin and Face Masks|
|Closing Ceremony||Awards giving||(1st,2nd,3rd)||$350||$350||The award will be given in term of vouchers and certificates. We will give vouchers cards worthy $150 to the first winner, $100 to the second winner and $50 to the third one for the photo contest, and $50 for the best wikipedia contributor; the winners can spend vouchers cards on what they choose.|
|Drinks and Snacks||-||$100||$100|
|Contingency Amount||$50||Unforeseen expenses|
|Total: USD 1,655|
A zoom pro account is already included in our Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Benin rapid grant application. It will be used for this contest too.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!