Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group/The AfroCine Project Benin 2020
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve African cinema-related content, especially Beninese cinema-related, and participate to The Months of African Cinema Contest.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to do one training session and one editathon
- An online launch workshop will be held for public with focus on Afrocine contest, on October 19th.
- Every week, until the end of the contest, an online editathon will be held for groups, based on the list of Benin Article Suggestions.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We'll use our social media accounts and pages
- We'll also use our messengers groups
- We'll finally use advertisement on news website.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Within the online editathon participants, we'll have some new editors and some who have already attended previous training. These last attendees will help the news comers, under the supervision of the trainers.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the events, we'll offer the participants, the opportunity to join our user group Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group. We'll also keep in touch with them in order to share our future informations and opportunities with them. Monitoring their efforts, we'll encourage them in contributing and improving their Wikimedia editors skills.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We'll translate some contents for our Fon Wikipedia incubator project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of events : 6
- Number of participants : 20
- Number of new editors : 10
- Number of articles created or improved : 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) : 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- During the event, participants will benefit from the assistance and mentoring of 3 experienced Wikimedians
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 554.247 FCFA (XOF) as of September, 13th 2020 
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Summary|
|Internet connection||For participants||6||$88||$528||4G Internet Data for 20 participants at each event (50,000 XOF x 6) / 1 launch event and 5 online sessions (1 session per week).
2 months Internet connexion for each team member
|For Team members||3||$88||$264|
|Branding||T-Shirts||5||$7.5||$37.5||T-shirts for organizers/staff to wear during online events|
|Communications||Zoom pro account||2||$15||$30||2 months Zoom pro account.
Communication and ads (online only)
|Social Media (Promotion)||6||$10||$60|
|Awards||Prizes||(1st,2nd,3rd)||$225||$225||1st prize $100, 2nd prize $75, 3rd prize $50
Internet access for jury members.
Gifts for jury members (AfroCine mugs)
|Total: USD 1,288.5|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!