Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Project Goal Edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
Project Plan Edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will focus on national cultural heritage, specifically monuments in Panama. We consider it is very important to have contests like Wiki Loves Monuments in Panama because they motivate people who like photography to know more about their cultural heritage, the history behind the monuments and their importance. Panama has the privilege of having three declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO but the coverage of pictures of these and other national monuments is still scarce Wikimedia Commons. We consider this contest give us the opportunity to improve the quantity and quality of pictures of monuments in Panama, that can be used not only in Wikipedia but by any person, as long as they comply with the terms of the license.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
The contest have three partner organizations that are helping to communicate and promote the contest through social media and mailing lists. They are: Fundacion Ciudad del Saber, PMA500 Comission and Floss-Pa.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
The winners of the contest will be selected by a jury composed of three Panamanian with vast experience in architectural heritage and/or photography, and also there will be a local Wikipedian (to confirm). The jury will award the prizes based on the following criteria: technical quality, originality, composition and the usefulness of imagery for Wikipedia. They will first review all the images individually and then will have an in person meeting in mid October to select the winners.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
During November 2016, the organizing team will review existing articles in Wikipedia and include images of the contest.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We successfully organized Wiki Loves Monuments in 2012 and 2013.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: at least 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: at least 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: at least 50
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
We are a team of two main organizers:
We have the support of three main partners providing the following:
- Fundacion Ciudad del Saber (in kind donation): They developed the official website of the contest http://wlmpanama.ciudaddelsaber.org/ and have supported with communications and promotion through social media and their mailing lists.
- PMA500 Comission (in kind donation): This is a governmental group organizing the 500th Anniversary of Panama City. They are awarding a special prize to the contest, for the best picture of a monument in Panama City. The also offer promotion of the contest through their social media channels.
- Floss-Pa (in kind donation): This is a group that promotes Free Libre and Open Source Software in Panama. They are in charge of offering technical support for the jury tool of the contest. The also offer promotion of the contest through their social media channels.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount. We need the following: At this point we need resources to cover the prizes and the costs of the award ceremony. The ceremony will be held on mid November 2016 and the prizes will be given to the winners on this date.
|Prizes for three main places (US$500 first place, US$150 for each one: second and third place)||$800|
|Prizes for seven finalist (camera accessories and gadgets)||$300|
|Printing 10 best pictures in large format and framing||$300|
|Award ceremony - room rental and catering for approximately 75 assistants (based on ceremonies of previous years: 2012 and 2013)||$400|
|Miscellaneous (printing material for the award ceremony, certificates, transportation, others)||$100|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Romaine (talk) 09:06, 21 September 2016 (UTC) - experienced organiser with well plan - Romaine (talk) 09:06, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
- I worked with this organizing team during the 2012 and 2013 competitions and they showed great organizational skills, with solid results and outreach. DNarvaez (talk) 23:54, 27 September 2016 (UTC)