Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Project Goal edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add images to Wikimedia Commons.
- Create/improve articles related to cultural heritage and monuments in Ghana on Wikipedia.
- Recruit and train new editors on how to contribute to Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Wikimedia Commons and other sister projects.
- Recruit professional photographers to the Wikimedia movement through photo expeditions.
Project Plan edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The focus of this contest will be on capturing images related to cultural heritage and monuments in of Ghana. It is prudent that these sites are preserved for future consumption by generations to come especially for educational purposes. This can be done by uploading such images on Wikimedia Commons.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Communities will get to know about this proposal through our social media handles below:
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Participants will get to know about the contest via our Social media handles: WhatsApp, facebook, telegram and twitter
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- The following would be taken into consideration in judging and awarding prizes in the contest.
- Appearance quality(Sharpness,dynamic-Range,color accuracy,distortion, etc)
- Relationship of the image to the topic.
- Participant with the highest number of photo uploads will be awarded
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- The walks will focus on capturing photos that are related to cultural heritage and monuments in the northern part of Ghana. Also, we will create contents about these sites on Wikipedia.
- List of potential activities to visit/captured:
- Gambaga scarp : Gambaga scarp is a place found in Gambaga in the northern part of Ghana where a lot of nature landscape is found.
- Tongo hills : The Tongo Hills is a group of mountains south of Tongo, Ghana. of mountains located south of Tongo, Ghana. Different and specially shaped mountains that create valleys are found at Tongo hills.
- Saint Francis de Sales Cathedral ,Elmina, Edina, Komenda, Edina, Eguafo, Abirem District, Central Region of Ghana
- The Wesley Methodist Church ,Chapel square, Cape Coast
- Christ Church Cathedral at Cape Coast
- St. Joseph's Minor Basilica , Elmina, Central Region, Ghana
- St. George Catholic Cathedral, Koforidua
- Christ Presbyterian Church, Akropong
- Wesley Methodist Cathedral in Sekondi
- St. Andrews Cathedral in Sekondi
There are more sites to captures on the routes we will be using in the southern sector.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, only 10 volunteers at a sitting will participate in the Photowalks and upload sessions.
- Copy of Risk Assessment protocol.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Nowhere in Ghana can you find more ancient slave markets and relics than in the Northern Region. The cultural features of the people in the North are as unique as they are diverse and different from any other in and around the country. These include festivals and religion. Salaga for instance was described as unique as the emporium of West African trade at the height of its glory.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- A total of 3 photo walks.
- A maximum of 10 participants in each Photowalk.
- A maximum of 10 participants at upload session and editathon.
- Upload a minimum of 400 photos from this project.
- Use about 15% of the total images on Wikimedia projects.
- Create/improve at least 15 articles/items on Dagbani Wikipedia.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Shahadusadik - He is an experienced Wiki Loves Monuments organizer and participant.
- User:Din-nani1 - Will be in charge of logistics.
- User:Musahfm - Will lead uploads sessions.
- User:Zak Raha - Social media campaigns.
- User:Dhee jah - Graphic design
- User:Alhassan Mohammed Awal - Photo Judge
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item||Quantity||Unit GHS||Total GHS||Comment|
|Transportation||20||275||5500||Transportation for the entire trip|
|Refreshments||10||150||1500||Food and water for the entire trip|
|Venue Rental (Upolad)||1||500||500||Venue for upload session|
|Projector||1||200||200||Rental of projector|
|Internet Data Allowance||20||50||1000||Internet for all participants to compete in uploads and article creation|
|Internet data for upload session||1||500||500|
|Venue Rental (Workshop)||1||500||500||Venue for editathon session|
|Upload Session Refreshment||10||50||500||Food and water|
|T Shirts for top 10 non-winning Participants||10||40||400||For top 10 non-winning participants who made significant contribution|
|Best Photo Prize (Gift voucher)||1||200||200|
|Highest contributor (Gift voucher)||1||100||100|
|Covid-19 prevention equipment||30||10||300||Cost of Hand sanitizers and face masks|
|Bank Charges||1||350||350||For all bank transfer charges|
|Grand Total in GHS||11950|
|1 USD =||5.99498||Ghc||Based on Oanda Exchange (August 14, 2021)|
|Grand Total in USD||1,971.46|
- I strongly endorse this project Amuzujoe (talk) 14:44, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly endorsed this project
- I endorse this 100%
- I strongly endorse this project.Din-nani1 (talk) 07:50, 19 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support. I endorse on behalf of the Dagbani Wikimedians User Group.
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Deexecute (talk) 12:11, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project Ruky Wunpini (talk) 10:54, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Issahiddris (talk) Issahiddris (talk) 11:04, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly endorse this project Munkaila Sulemana (talk) 11:05, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support. I strongly endorse this project Yakubu Fadilatu (talk) 11:07, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly endorse this project. I'd provide the opportunity to improved articles on Dagbani Wikipedia and Wikipedia Commons Musahfm (talk) 11:15, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly eHajara55 (talk) 12:06, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Adam Tuferu (talk) 12:09, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Sir Amugi (talk) 12:15, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly endorse Alhaj Darajaati (talk) 12:31, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. This would document for life the historical artifacts in Ghana especially Northern Region Dnshitobu (talk) 12:33, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this projectBasiru amina (talk) 13:14, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly agree with this project because this project has immerse benefit for this generation and the future generations that would come to meet Wikipedia in a stronger and vibrant state.Hasslaebetch (talk) 18:47, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. IBS-Gh (talk) 19:27, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Bashiru Nurideen Ponaa (talk) 19:58, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Chirifo (talk) 20:46, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Ntaawa (talk) 22:32, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Zak Raha (talk) 21:10, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- It helps transform wikimedia Abu Abdul Basit1999 (talk) 23:04, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly endorse this project Achiri Bitamsimli (talk) 02:45, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. ALHASSAN MOHAMED NURIDEEN (talk) 08:15, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project.Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 08:29, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Wumbeidoo (talk) 11:57, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project Amuzujoe (talk) 14:44, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project.Abdulai Ahmed (talk) 01:52, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project. Adam Tuferu (talk) 03:32, 25 August 2021 (UTC)