Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Get people to photograph monuments and share them under a free license on Wikimedia Commons.
- Recruit new editors to get them colaborate with pictures about Bolivia
- Get cultural and heritage related institutions to work along together to reach people and raise attention over cultural heritage
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Patrimonial photography reflects the growth of our society
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will request sitenotice to advertise to contest for the country. Also, we have secured the Ministry of Culture and Communications to spread the word about the contest. We have arranged meetings with the Associated Architects from Bolivia to use their channels of communication to advertise the contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have 3 judges, an expert in patrimony from International Council on Monuments and Sites, a Wikipedian and an local expert in photography.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We have secured an agreement with the local Spanish Cultural Center and Saint Andreas Univesity to develop monthly workshops to write articles about the content. They are not within the scope of this grant, but are part of an ongoing agreement with the Spanish Cultural Center and a recent agreement with ICOMOS and Saint Andreas University.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We have a gender oriented category in which we received the support of the French Embassy which will provide with the prizes.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: For photo contests:
- Number of participants : 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 150
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The event is organized by Wikimedistas de Bolivia who in charge of organizing the local contest.
- French Embassy will provide US$ 300 in prizes for a gender oriented category.
- Vuela, a local ISP, will provided second prize for the main contest worth US$ 250.
- Bolivia's e-government and ICT agency AgeTIC will give away books as prizes and help develop a video to advertise the contest.
- ICOMOS Bolivia will provide a juree and will give away books for the 10 first winners.
- Bar Association of Architects in Bolivia has agreed to spread the word about the event.
- CCELP Centro Cultural de España en La Paz is providing a venue for the launching event.
- We are currently reaching out to many national institutions to support the contest. Here is the presentation we are using.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- A laptop for a 1st prize: US$ 350
- A printer for 3rd prize: US$ 180
- Roller, banner and printed material: 200$
- Miscellaneous and logistics: US$ 200
- Photo printing and framing: US$720
- Travel expenses for 2 trips to Santa Cruz and Cochabamba: US$ 350
- Total: 2000$
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- i'd like to see a new version of WLM in Bolivia Luisarielvega (talk) 14:24, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Great to see the increased momentum from the proposed User Group in Bolivia. They are demonstrating to be very capable of creating partnerships necessary for these types of activities to be successful. Barrioflores (talk)
- Great project. Bolivia needs WLM. Wassan.anmol (talk) 20:20, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support I don't belive it so many years since we has our first and I truly hope not our last Wiki Loves Monuments in Bolivia. Please give us another chance, the bolivian wikimedians allways make a great job when #RealLife let us.Jduranboger (talk) 02:06, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- While I cannot speak for the specific amounts, the direction and type of expenses look legit. I support this request from a personal capacity. Effeietsanders (talk) 21:48, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
- It's about time we get the work done in 2013 up to date! Seudodata (talk) 22:28, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer Nice 2601:845:C301:9E70:5D95:B6CA:4333:93FC 13:24, 14 August 2018 (UTC)