Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content about conservation areas and national parks.
- Recruit new editors related to the protection of nature
- Engage existing editors to create and develop new content on Wikimedia projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
Multimedia content related to natural areas in Bolivia.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We have some channels of communication in social networks, and volunteers to contact key people with interest in natural areas and environment
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We had experience to judge the contest with the help of a jury with people with experience in the main theme of the contest, and people of the international wikimedia community.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We have planned a webinar about natural areas in our country and a constest about writing and improving wikipedia articles, as a part of the prizes we will produce some postcards to share the experience and the results
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The last year we had a Wikipedia event related to natural areas because our country was suffering an regional fire that endangered people, animal species and entire ecosystems.
- Time plan for activities:
- Before May: Preparing alliances
- May: Planning webinars and list of natural areas
- June-July: Running the competition, posting updates to social media,
- August-September: Making pre-selection for the jury. Jury work, deciding local winners. 10 best photos will be submitted to the international contest.Evaluating the project
- October-November Compiling the report. Showcasing best work on social media.
- January 2021 Awards ceremony for local winners. Follow-up press release. To clarify, no public event or gathering will be organized before 15 September as per WMF guidelines.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons:400
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 150
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 10
- Number of articles created or improved:25
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a team of volunteers and allies that contribute to spreading the word and to get key institutions involved.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Internet connection for two people in each one of the main three cities of our country ( 1 month) : 350 USD
- First Prize: 300 USD in photography related articles
- Second Prize: 250 USD in photography relatedarticles
- Third Prize: 150 USD in photography related articles
- 4th to 5th prize, wikimedia souvenirs ( stickers and postcards) 100 USD
- Certificates for the 10 winners of the photo contest: 50 USD
- Prizes for the three best editors for the editing contest: 220 USD in books related to the natural areas in Bolivia.
- Certificates for the 10 best editors in the edition contest: 25 USD
- Certificates for the local volunteer jury: 50 USD
- Printing service for posters, postcards, and promotional material 100 USD
- Internet connection for speakers for the webinars: 40 usd
- Bank fees: 15 USD
- Other expenses : transportation, office articles, snacks for the team: 100 USD
- Post cards printing : 150 USD
- Accountant service to help with reports and recipes on time: 50 USD
- Non expected expenditures: 50 USD
- TOTAL AMOUNT : 2000 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!