Please see the related sample report for contests.
- Introduce Wiki Loves Africa project to existing and new contributors of wiki commons, and share all about Wiki Loves Africa and its purpose.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, and upload sessions.
- Presentation of the contest / launching with a press conference : 1 event in january
- Workshop about the events and how to participate : 1 event, mid-january
- Uploads session : 6 events
- Training session : 1 event
- 1 closing ceremony with team and invited guests and celebration of local winners.
- Photo exhibition (10 images) will be held at Wenak labs.
- Post contest integration edit-a-thon : 1 event to be held in March.
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Wiki Loves Africa 2019 in Chad will focus on training and photo shooting activities. Pictures uploaded on Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles related to the Chadian and African work world on the other Wikimedia platforms.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will inform and invite, via our mailing list, Wikimedia Chad and Wenaklabs' Facebook and Twitter pages to the community to participate in the contest. All social media platforms in our community will wear the contest colors for the duration of the contest; they will be used to promote the contest.
- We will also take advantage of our network of journalists to communicate about the contest and engage the public.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of 3 judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will hold weekly "Evening Editathons" where we will re-use uploaded photos to illustrate and enhance existing articles or to create new ones.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the measures of success below and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new contributors: 15
- Number of articles created or improved: 300
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 800+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Abakar B: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, answer questions on email and contest talk page, check scores.
- Abdallahbigboy: Contest organizer, contest promotion, check scores, purchase prizes.
- 1 USD = 577.83 FCFA (XAF) as of 09 November, 2018 
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Events||Room rental||2||$100||$200||This includes first launch event and second event. We will have the introduction of Wiki Loves Africa project, and Wikimedia Commons.|
|Press conference (press, television, aperitif||1||$100||$100|
|Branding & Stationaries||T-Shirts||15||$6||$90||A t-shirt will be given to participants will make an outstanding contribution during the competition, the 10 best photos will be printed and exhibited and a certificate will be issued to each participant.|
|Printed Best Images||10||$10||$100|
|Gifts for 3 jury members||3||$100||$300|
|Communications||Internet at the events||3||$50||$150||Photo hunt will be organized and internet will be used during events for photo uploading.|
|Social Media (Promotion)||2||$10||$ 20|
|Closing Ceremony||Awards for participants||(3 winners)||$200||$600||Best photo from Chad and participant with the most used photos in articles.|
|Drinks and Snacks||1||$100||$100|
|Contingency Amount||$100||Unforeseen expenses|
|Total: USD 1964|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support It's a very good iniative encouraged Korom10 (talk)
- Support Good initiative to produce Chadian content under a free license Bibouche 90 (talk)
- Support Fatakaya (talk)
- Support I think wiki loves Afica in Chad will be a great opportunities for Chadian community to contribute and loves wikipedia Abdelsalam.safi(talk)
- Support I think it's the best way for Chadian community to discover Wikimedia, and it's our right, and duty! Sam Ben Ali(talk)
- Support Good initiative, I support Ali mahamat hamit (talk)
- Support It's a better way for Chadian to share his ideas with the rest of the world WhizGeek (talk)
- Support Good initiative, I support to promote open acces content in Chad Fadoul hissein (talk)