Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skill sets of existing and new editors
- Add pictures and improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning 3 series of edithathon and trainining over 2 months focused on teaching newbies on how to Sign Up, edit articles, and Upload pictures in Wikimedia Commons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We would make use of our Facebook group promotions, Twitter Influencers and Telegram channel to spread the news about the training and contest.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- On our team we have three experienced editors and Wikipedia volunteers to help lead editathons/Training and to support participants and these three editors will also be in charge of the successful organization of this online training and logistics.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will host the events on Telegram and Google hangout for newbies because of COVID19 no contact adherence. We will ensure sure that participants know the time and schedules for the events by a pinned message on the Telegram group and an SMS reminder to there various contact. Also we will subscribe internet for those who can’t afford it but are interested in the training. The last event will have a contest where 3 best contributors will be choosen and as well present certificate to all participants
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will always give task to be submit at the next event. In this way our online mentors would assess participants progress. Also there will be question and answer session during every event. The telegram group will always be active even after the event to engage participant on their journey
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This training will be conducted totally online and will not have any offline activities in other to observe Covid-19 protocols.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 3
- Number of participants 50+
- Number of new editors 50% of participant
- Number of of articles created or improved 150
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). Links
- To Wikimedia Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- To Wikipedia :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Dike Chukwuma, Project Leader, Experienced in Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons.
- Candy Khohliwe, Team Member, Experienced in Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons.
- Oby Ezeilo, Team member, Experienced in Wikipedia .
- What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Expense Explanation Budget (USD) Graphic design Hire an external designer to help prepare promotional materials such as posters, flyers and certificates. (this is necessary as the event team does not have the expertise) 150 Communication Airtime for Communication between organisers 60 Online advertising campaign Social media campaigns and promotions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.(for 3 weeks across the platform) 380 Internet Internet Subscription will be provided to participants who cant afford it for the 3 events.
Internet for mentors
480 Gift cards First prize (1): $150
Second prize (1): $70
Third prize (1): $50
270 Contingency and miscellaneous expenses To cover any unexpected costs incurred when conducting the contest. 100 Total 1,440
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!