Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to organize 2-3 training during this project. It is going to be an offline training which will obey all the COVID19 rules in Nigeria. We will also make use of our online platform (Telegram) to follow up and answer questions from participants.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Mailing List: email@example.com
We have an already existing WikiActivate Telegram group where we will inform existing wikipedians and we will also run a Facebook and Twitter ad to notify new interested participant
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- On our physical events we will ensure that participants are assisted with Data subscription to enable them practice, also we are looking at a venue that will assist us with laptops for the event.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will continue engaging participants through emails and updates relating to Wikipedia on the our telegram group
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 3
- Number of participants 20
- Number of of articles created or improved 20+
- Number of new editors 5+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- To Wikimedia Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- To Wikipedia :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- To Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Main_Page
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|1.||Hall Rental||For 3 events||530|
|2.||Food and Drinks||estimated 20 participants - 3x20x$8||480|
|3.||Communication||Airtime for Communication between organizers, Reminder calls and SMS to Participants||25|
|4.||Internet Subscription||Internet Support for participants for the 3 events and Internet used for training||180
|6.||Nose Masks and Hand Sanitizers||60pcs (PPE) for the participant in the event||80|
|7.||Sourvenirs Note pad and stationaries||Note pad and stationaries||180|
|8.||Rental (Projector and Camera)||75|
|8.||Designs||Design of Posters, flyers and Certificates||86|
|9.||Local travels||local travel for the team members that will involve in the training||250|
|10.||Contingency and miscellaneous expenses||50|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here! Looking forward to the project.