Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- at least 25 people participate
- at least 800 media files are uploaded after the contest
- at least 15 new editors are recruited
- A small workshop on how to participate in the Wiki loves Africa contest
- Photo walks to collect random pictures on the said theme of the year.
- Conduct a training session on how to upload on Wikimedia Commons
- Conduct an upload session on Wikimedia Commons
- Wiki edit a thorn which will mainly focus on how to use photos in existing articles and how to create new articles with new ones.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on photo-shoots and uploads of images about the various music festivals, football matches and others that are related to the theme of the year.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- The members will be notified on the facebook page and meta. We will design flyers and distribute to people to know about this contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a jury who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards and submit to international awards
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will conduct edit-a-thons to help accomodate some of these uploaded images into existing articles. New articles are also going to be created using the images uploaded.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the first Wiki loves Africa in our country.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants ː 25
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons ː 800
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects ː at least 60
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
The estimates for the WLA 2019 BWA budget is outlined below
|Opening and Closing Events|
(Sumtotal : 700 USD)
|1||Venue||2||0||0||0||The venue will be free!!|
|2||snacks for participants||2||250||500|
|3||(Awards)||-||-||200||200||1st prize: Huawei mobile P8 lite worth 110 USd, 2nd Prize:Gift card and certificate, 3rd Prize:certificate USD|
|Trainings, Workshops and Edit-a-thons|
(Sumtotal : 1100 USD)
|1||snacks for participants||2||250||500||500|
|2||Marketing Campaign||6||100||600||600||Posters, flyers, banners,WlA branded Pens (estimate of 50 pens),...|
(Sumtotal : 175 USD)
|Total: 1975 USD|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Naomi Moeng (talk) 14:23, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Keorapetse John (talk) 14:24, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support I am happy to support this proposal as it will be the first Wiki loves Africa contest for our community, we will be happy to be given chance to execute it.Thabang Rapula (talk) 14:26, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Strongly support this project proposal regards Setsile (talk) 14:28, 12 November 2018 (UTC)