Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing members of the community.
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of national parks, protected areas and nature of Turkey to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Turkey.
- To contribute to nature protection by raising public awareness.
- Improve the quality of Wikipedia articles.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Turkey is a country that is famous for its magnificent nature, that year the first time participates in the contest Wiki Loves Earth.This competition is important to us for several reasons. Firstly, we want to create a database of free-licensed pictures of national parks, protected areas and others.
Secondly, the photos taken during this contest will be used in Wikipedia and in other Wikimedia projects, which will increase the quality of articles. Also this contest will help attract new volunteers to our projects and Wikipedia.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Central Notice across Wikimedia projects
- Official Turkish Wikipedia Facebook page (with about 3K likes).
- Promoting the competition through the use of social networks (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram).
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will be composed both by experienced Wikimedians and photography enthusiasts. We are forming a 4-member jury which will be consisted of 2 experienced Wikimedian and 2 enthusiast photographers. We will give prizes to the awards ceremony.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- With the help of different edit-a-thon, we can use uploaded images in different Wikimedia projects.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will have hope that we can achieve all our goals in this contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 10-20
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 400-500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 40-60
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be 3 experienced Board Member of WMTR, who have held several successful projects together. There are no other financial sources of the Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners have allocated a gift card from online store Hepsiburada.com.
|Items||Sub-items||Quantity||Amount (TRY)||Amount (USD)||Total|
|hepsiburada.com Gift Cards||First Place||3||2000 ₺ (TRY)||app. $300 (USD)||$600 (USD)|
|Second Place||1400 ₺ (TRY)||app. $200 (USD)|
|Third Place||700 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)|
|Image printing Top-10 Winners||–||10||200 ₺ (TRY)||$30 (USD)||$30 (USD)|
|WLE calendars||–||20||650 ₺ (TRY)||$85 (USD)||$90 (USD)|
|Stickers, Pin Button & Souvenirs for Participants||–||–||1500 ₺ (TRY)||$215 (USD)||$215 (USD)|
|Postal expenses for participants and Juries staff||–||–||690 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Forfait internet expenses team member and juries||–||7||470 ₺ (TRY)||app. $70 (USD)||$70 (USD)|
|WLE Certificate||–||50||300 ₺ (TRY)||app. $50 (USD)||$50 (USD)|
|Social media promotion (Twitter, facebook)||–||1||690 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Unforeseen expenses||–||–||670 ₺ (TRY)||app. $100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Banking fees||–||–||$30 (USD)||$30 (USD)|
|Grand total||$1385 (USD)|
Total requested from WMF: $ 1385 (USD).
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!