Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content (Quality Photo of existing monuments in Algeria)
- Recruit new editors (from associations and photographers)
- Maintain a constant commitment with the best contributors.
- Creation of landing page at Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in Algeria in the global page Commons:Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2019
- Presentation of the contest (For Wiki Loves Monuments) during différents meetings and Workshop that we organize or attend.
- Organize a workshop to learn how to upload images in commons and participate in a photo contest
- Participate in photo exhibitions organized in different Algerian cities.
- Post contest integration edit-a-thon (Online)
Closing Ceremony with celebration of local winners (WLM Algeria)Canceled / anyway (plan to organize only one ceremony for all Wiki loves contest during the annual exercice )
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Based in this of monuments of Algeria revisited and reviewed; Like previous years the contest will focus on higher quality images and will be licensed Creative Commons uploaded in Wikimedia Commons.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- By Motivating and attracting a photographs community directly visit photograph associations
- By Workshops and Upload cessions
- By Social Media and E-mails / phones call / chat
- By Photo Exhibition during different events. fro example les journée de la photo Oran
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- This year we will offer gifts to judges: We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We are going to work on a new method discovered during the WLE 2019 competition, it has proved very effective just by adding a small Algerian flag to the right and to the left of WLE2019 WikiPedia banners. Of course, we will also keep our winning solutions from previous competitions (social media ad)
- for lack of availability we canceled the photos Walk :(
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: based on last year For photo contests:
- Number of participants = 60
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons = 900
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects = 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Like every year our activities are supported by local non profits organisations they borrow us material and their rooms to organise events presentations / workshops and more . We thankfull them for all help they give to promote the open knowlege througout this contest.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (DZD)||Total (DZD)||Total (USD)|
|1||Social Media Start Promotion (only FB ads)||1,00||4 000,00||4 000,00||33,32|
|2||Expo photo (Printing of 10 best photos ) During journée de la photo Oran||10,00||750,00||7 500,00||62,48|
|3||Pack for participants during Upload cession Ecological Small notebooks hand made: Ecological notebooks hand made (from Hala Chaima)||10;00||600.00||6 000,00||49,98|
|4||Beverages + sandwichs during Upload cession||10,00||600,00||6 000,00||49,98|
|5||Communications for contest (Internet fees & Communications)||1,00||6 000,00||6 000,00||49,98|
|6||Internet during Upload cession (By 30 Go)||1,00||6 999,00||6 999,00||58,30|
|7||Supplies (and paper inck cartridge to print flyers, cards , Diploma)||1,00||5 000,00||5 000,00||41,65|
|8||Gifts for jurys (TBD) Ecological Big notebooks hand made: Ecological notebooks hand made (from Hala Chaima)||3,00||2000,00||6 000,00||49,98|
|9||Awards 1st (TBD)||1,00||35 000,00||35 000,00||291,60|
|10||Awards 2nd (TBD)||1,00||20 000,00||20 000,00||166,60|
|11||Awards 3rd (TBD)||1,00||8 000,00||8 000,00||66,64|
|13||Miscellaneous (Transportation - Fuel For Organizers)||1,00||9 500,00||9 500,00||79,14|
referring to the exchange rate of with the site OANDA august 06
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!