Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve information about the Albanian film industry on Wikipedia, Wiki Commons, Wikidata.
- raise the collaboration of the Wikimedia community in Albania with GLAM institutions in a structured way, which is also the main goal of our user group;
- Increase skills for existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are doing in total 6 editathons, 2 per each month.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The discussion board of the SQ Wikipedia, Open Labs forum, the Open Labs Hackerspace facebook and twitter page, Open Labs website and the WCUGA twitter page are only some of the communication channels that will be used to promote the event.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- At least 5 experienced wikipedians from Wikimedia Community User Group Albania will be present at the event and will mentor the participants.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We are planning to work on the materials that will be offered by the National Film Center and for the participant which are not active on Wikimedia projects there will be 3 persons from the user group that will help them. In addition, we will use laptops and hardware from Open Labs hackerspace for participants that do not have hardware with them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Using the Education Program Dashboard we will follow up with the participants also after the event. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programs_%26_Events_Dashboard . But also we will teach the participants how they can organize events since in our experience this is a way how they keep contributing in this kind of projects.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: We will have at least 6 events, two for every month;
- Number of participants: We are planning to have a solid group of approximately 5 experienced contributors and 5 newcomers in each event;
- Number of new editors: 5 for every event;
- Number of of articles created or improved: 450;
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 7
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- This event is organized by the members of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania and we will take care of everything related to the project including communicating with the people at National Film Center, Creating and improving articles, promo online and offline etc. In this event we will have full support from the National Film Center staff not only on the materials but also on promoting the project. We will also organize one of the event there and will teach them how they can contribute in Wikimedia project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Promo materials for the event (rroll up banner,stickers,t-shirt): 250€
- Rent for the place where 6 editathons will be held : 300€
- Food and snacks for the people participating at the event: 73.66€
Photographer for professional documentation of the process: 250€ Legal costs (for drafting the Memorandum of Understanding): 60€
- Finance officer: 70€
Project management: 160€
- Graphic designer (for the design of promo materials and online promo): 120€
- Unexpected costs:126 € (10% of the total costs mentioned above)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Volunteer Coordination and communication with the GLAM institution. Leeturtle (talk) 12:47, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer As a volunteer and workshop host. Augesti (talk) 21:12, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'll be volunteering on our events regarding our partnership with our agreement with the National Film Center Meriboo (talk) 23:28, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'll be volunteering on our events regarding our partnership with our agreement with the National Film Center as an editor Sido uku (talk) 23:18, 23 October 2018 (UTC)