Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: we will recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors: we will increase the skill of existing editors
- Add or improve content on Wiki data: new content will be added and existing ones improved
- We will increase participation of editors on wikidata
- We will promote the contribution of Nigerian content on Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will be organizing series of 5 edit a thon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Whatsapp, face to face discussions, Facebook
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes i do. I am an experienced editor. other experienced editors will also participate.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- most participants are experienced and have laptops. However few participants will work in cyber cafe
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- through constant discussions and chats both on phone and social media
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- the programme will be carried out online.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 5
- Number of participants 35
- Number of new editors 2
- Number of articles created or improved 140
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- i have experienced editors with laptops
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- payment for data 4 X 5 X 20 = 400
- payment for cyber cafe 35 X 3 X 4 = 525
- Food and Drink for those in cyber cafe 18 X 3 X 4 =216
- Wikidata Merchandise 40 X 10 = 400
- Miscellaneous = 120
- Total = $1661 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Oby Ezeilo has been a great motivator to many editors here. i strongly support and will be glad to participate Kid Keen 47 (talk) 10:30, 13 September 2020 (UTC)
- I will continue to advocate that more local contents be added to wikipedia and wikidata. i support. Offordile234 (talk) 07:46, 14 September 2020 (UTC)