Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on photos. This content is important, as most articles in en:Category:Protected areas of Belarus have no or lack illustrations, including in both Belarusian Wikipedias (be-tarask:Катэгорыя:Ахоўныя прыродныя тэрыторыі Беларусі).
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- I will create posts about the contest on the pages of Belarusian Wikipedia in Facebook, VK, Twitter & the channel in Telegram. Local groups in social networks, including those devoted to photography, will also be used. A press release will be provided to the local news outlets (be-tarask:Вікіпэдыя:Прэса пра Вікіпэдыю). Central Notice banner will also help.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Experienced wikimedians will use commons:Commons:Montage jury tool to judge photos. We will try to include more members to the jury in case of an overwhelming number of photos.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- The landing page contains links to categories with already existing articles on the topic. The list of objects (be-tarask:Сьпіс водна-балотных угодзьдзяў Беларусі) will be used as encouragement to create both articles & pictures about the missing topics.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project will go on even if not funded, as we look ahead to providing 10 winning pictures from Belarus at the international contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- 20 participants
- 300 photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- 100 photos used on Wikimedia projects
For writing contests:
- 3 participants
- 12 articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- The table below lists expenditure points for fulfilling the project.
|1st place prize||300|
|2nd place prize||200|
|3rd place prize||100|
|Gift for the jury||50|
|Miscellaneous (Possible income tax)||100|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Volunteer: I will try to help this project. Firstly, with the publicity of the 'WIKI Loves Earth Belarus 2020' campaign as I strongly believe that protected areas of Belarus have to be represented with more photos on WIKI. The photo contest will also help to bring more awareness about protected areas of Belarus, especially the areas that suffered from the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster. I will also look at the options of raising more money for this campaign/contest. Have you ever thought about setting a page on FB with fundraising for this event? 188.8.131.52 19:14, 2 May 2020 (UTC)
- Da voli: I have many photos on this topic and I continue travelling around Belarus. National nature reserves is one of my favourite categories of articles. --Da voli (talk) 11:47, 10 May 2020 (UTC)