Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- I have contacted several women groups during my last project and I introduced Wikipedia editing to them, of which most of them have shown interest to participate and they are actively participag since then. Through this project, I will reach out to the groups again and organised training sessions for them on how to edit and make good contributions to Wikimedia projects, this is due to the fear of losing the ones we got who are constantly asking me when I will organise a project to teach them editing and to improve their skills, as I can see from their current editing skills they are only making corrections to articles, which this is also a good thing and it shows they will stick to the project if guided properly
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Through our various community discussion pages and groups 
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, I have experience in carrying out projects, I am the organizer of the Wiki Loves Sports people project and I have been participating in various Wikimedia events
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- My promotion plan will built up on the previous plan, I will created a WhatsApp group and add all the new user and keep guiding them and motivating them to edit, which this will help retain them and connect them with experience users in case they may have questions or need clarifications
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is a solution to the constant lost of women editors in Hausa projects as they are going to be guided and supported to actively participate and this will help increase women participation and inclusivity to Wikimedia projects as well as motivate other local women to contributing to open source projects
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached 200
- Number of campaign participants 50
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia project NA
- Number of new users 15
- Number of pages created or improve 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportations of 3 facilitators for pre-training visits: 50 x 3 days = 150 USD
- Promotional materials; stickers, fliers and pamphlets: 250 USD
- Customized Wikipedia shirts 5 and pens and jotters: 150 USD
- Data subscriptions and router hire: 100 x 2days + 50 = 250 USD
- Training Hall = 190 x 2days = 380 USD
Projector and Laptops rentals for 2dsys: 180 USD
- Refreshments (tea and lunch) = 12 x 25 = 300 x 2days = 600 USD
- Facemasks, Sanitizers and hand washes = 150 USD
Total = 2,110USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- SupportZahrah0 (talk) 07:08, 27 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support such kind of event will help to get more women editors.Saudarh2 (talk) 16:26, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Yes! This project is long overdue, can't wait to see this happens. Bikhrah (talk) 12:45, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support I support this project.Good initiativeJidda3711 (talk) 15:12, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support great idea this project will improved female participation in hausa community Itzedubaba (talk) 13:42, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support I'm support on this project the project it will bring more women. Umar Ahmad2345 (talk) 21:7 22 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wow.This is an excellent idea and it will be of our own benefits Hamxo (talk) 18:16,29 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Superb. This is a Genius thinking, for the full participation of women in Wikipedia will move it to a greater destination. Thus, as the saying goes "Behind every Man's success there is a Woman". I am in total support of this project and will voluntary participate to it completion. Sirryboi (talk) 14:25, 2 December 2021 (UTC)