Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To increase wikidata's participation
- Promote integration between Wikidata and other Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content on wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of trainings
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Whatsapp, twitter, mail list, face to face
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- yes! Benedict Udeh and Uzoma Ozurumba. Masssly has also agreed to help with part of the presentation.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- for equipment yes they have their devices.It will be online trainings that will be hosted on Zoom because of the pandemic. And as for skills needed, yes and where they are found lacking, i and other wikimedia editors leading the event will be there to guide them. We will ensure that participants know the time and schedules for the events on the flyers as well as on the project page and an SMS/Whatsapp reminder will bee sent across. Also we will subscribe internet for first five(5) participants to each event.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- whatsapp group will be created, also slid used in the event will be shared to participants plus all the live training videos will be uploaded on the project page before the next live session.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This proposed project will help deepen the knowledge of wikidata and its potentialities to participants plus improve Wikidata's participation in my community
Scope of WorkEdit
|Day1||Introduction to Wikidata|
|Day2||How to Query Wikidata using SPAQL|
|Day3||Cont. How to Query Wikidata|
|Day4||How to add/edit items on wikidata|
|Day5||Cont. How to add/edit items on wikidata using toolkit|
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 5
- Number of participants = 10+ per event
- Number of new editors = 3+
- Number of items created or improved = 50+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) = 8+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- From the first project we have 20.8204184299 USD remaining plus I have at least 2 editors willing to mentor and organise the practical trainings. They will be present in all editions of the event to assist in the Proposed Project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Zoom = 14.99 * 3(months) = 44.97 USD
- Graphic design= 150 USD
- Internet access for mentors and admin: 34.8993216 * 5(live event) = 174.496608 USD
- Weekly Internet access for first 10 participants in each live event: 116.331072 X 5(live event) = 581.65536 USD
- Prizes –
- 1st place 180.959446 USD gift-card.
- 2nd place 142.182422 USD gift-card.
- 3rd place 116.331073 USD gift-card
- Miscellaneous= 100 USD
- Remaining money from last project = 20.8204184299 USD
- TOTAL: 1,490.594909 - 20.8204184299 USD = 1,469.7744905701 USD or 568,548.4568637601 NGN
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support There's very little Wikidata activity going on in Nigeria, and I'm excited to support Benedict Udeh and Uzoma Ozurumba run these series of trainings to onboard more people. —M@sssly✉ 15:08, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- This project is relevant for our community, the Igbo Wikimedians User Group. Also, the first project was a success, and I believe that with Udehb as the project lead, it will be improved as well as yield more outcomes based on learnings from the previous project. So, I endorse the project and volunteer to work with him. Uzoma 01:05, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- Having followed the success of the first edition Wikidata, For All, I believe in the need for consolidation. Atulegwu (talk) 21:22, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- I believe these project series will definitely help in improving wikidata participation in Nigeria Onyi 96 (talk) 21:27, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- I Endorse this project Kid Keen 47 13:25, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Following the success of the first event, I greatly encourage a continuation. Tochiprecious (talk) 10:17, 5 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support I am always ready to offer any help needed with Wikidata workshops and trainings in Africa such as this. Eugene233 (talk) 15:55, 10 September 2020 (UTC)