Grants:Project/Rapid/UG NWR-Hist/Second annual gathering
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Team building — during the pandemic we're lack of personal contacts that lead to a stack of small problems and conflicts that are unsolvable without in-person meeting.
- Outreach and content gaps — we have lack of activity in some geographical areas, so 4 days stay of experienced wikimedians in one can give Wikimedia projects plenty of quality content (photos on Commons, articles in Wikipedia and Wikivoyage, etc.).
- Learning — our UG got a new drone, so we're planning to make a drone learning lessons so more UG members could use it to make quality aerial images and videos.)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We're planning to perform photowalks in Sazonovo, Chagoda, Cherepovets, Kirillov, Ferapontovo, Belozersk, Ustyuzhna and some other places around Cherepovets. Also we want to organize drone learning sessions to give our UG members the opportunity to use drone in their projects.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- Generally, we have no focus, but some of UG members are focused on Cultural Heritage monuments or nature. Also we want to photograph some local museums.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- It will be published in all of UG channels, and also in "Wikimedia movement in Russia" Telegram chat.
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We have already published info about this event in all of UG working channels: in VK chat, Telegram chat and mailing list.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- Our UG doing a big work puting the images made by its members into articles in Wikipedias and Wikivoyages. We also use them in Russian Wikinews reports about our events.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We have few cameras and a drone. We're planning to make a drone learning sessions and trainings to let the participants learn how to make aerial photographs. For that we have two UG members who can use drone already.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Our event page is here.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Risk assessment Tool shows us a green light. :)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants — 15
- Number of participants attended to a drone lessons — 10
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons — 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects — 100
- Number of new Commons categories — 50
- Number of edits in Wikipedia articles after the event — 200
- Number of edits in Russian Wikivoyage after the event — 700
- From those, in Ru-Wikivoyage Cultural Heritage monuments lists — 500
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
We have a drone (Mavic 3), few digital cameras (mostly Canon EOS 1100D). We have no any other financial resources except expected from this grant request. Organizational roles include:
- General coordination, Wikimedia Foundation Liaison — Nikolay Bulykin (Красный)
- Logistics and groups coordination — Yekaterina Borisova (Екатерина Борисова), Alexey Solovyov (Avsolov)
- Program — Nikolay Bulykin (Красный), Yekaterina Borisova (Екатерина Борисова)
- Scholarships — Yekaterina Borisova (Екатерина Борисова)
- Media — Sergey Rublyov (ssr), Alexey Solovyov (Avsolov)
- Drone usage lessons — Nikolay Bulykin (Красный), Ilya Koleganov (SadPetzl)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Our full budget with explanation is published here. Full requested amount is 293,570.50 ₽ or 3,875.32 $
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support This would be important step for the diversifiation activity of the wiki-community. --Kaganer (talk) 01:07, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support Avsolov (talk) 08:50, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support Let's get together, discuss everything and do a lot of good in our wiki projects. --Andrew Krizhanovsky (talk) 14:59, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support It's very important and encourageous thing to get together not only in the web but in real life too, so I hope we'll be lucky to do it. -- Екатерина Борисова (talk) 15:27, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support There are a lot of wonderful wooden buildings there, that should be properly photographed. -- Vaija (talk) 19:55, 15 December 2021 (UTC)