Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The exclusive content of the contest is photos of monuments. We have a huge shortage of free media on Wikimedia Commons and this contest has significantly helped (in past years) to bridge that gap. Throughout the past few years, the contest have contributed a total of nearly 7,500 photos for the monuments of the Levant, many of which where of sights previously undocumented on Commons.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Social media groups, chats and friends, Arabic Wikipedia's Central Notice, Wikimedia groups and word of mouth.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We'll either agree with the Jordanian Association for Photographers (which we're currently getting in touch with) or with individual professional photographers, who will cover several countries of the region in order to limit any intentional or unintentional bias. Juries will be asked to choose winning photos based on the following criteria:
- Visual appeal.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Volunteers will go through photos and move them to relevant articles, as many of them as possible.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This will be the first regional version of Wiki Loves Monuments in the Levant. Due to the anticipated participation, we have opted to request a grant for the first five places.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Expense||count||cost/unit (USD)||total cost (USD)||Notes|
|First place||1||250||250||Non-cash prize|
|Second place||1||200||200||Non-cash prize|
|Third place||1||150||150||Non-cash prize|
|Fourth place||1||100||100||Non-cash prize|
|Fifth place||1||50||50||Non-cash prize|
|Money transfer costs||100||(estimate)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!