Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Project Goal Edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
Project Plan Edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Photographs of monuments in the Levant
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Through social media, through Wikimedia central notice, and by word of mouth
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Impartial judges from several countries have been asked to judge the photos on the following criteria:
- visual appeal
Prizes: First place $150, second place $100, and third place $50. An additional prize will be given for the most useful image. This will be judged according to the value added to a Wikipedia article (for example an article with no previous photos.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- A group of Wikipedians will go through the list of photos, and use them in relevant articles
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 20 in each country (results: Jordan 36, Palestine 13,
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 100 in each country (results: Jordan 624, Palestine 142,
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 20 in each country (results: Jordan 15, Palestine 9,
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Volunteers from WM-LEV worked on holding the contest, other volunteers from different groups will judge the photos. Additional funding is being sought for the Syria prizes.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Expense||count||cost/unit (USD)||total cost (USD)||Notes|
|Palestine: First Prize||1||150||150|
|Palestine: Second Prize||1||100||100|
|Palestine: Third Prize||1||50||50|
|Palestine: Most Useful Image Prize||1||50||50|
|Jordan: First Prize||1||150||150|
|Jordan: Second Prize||1||100||100|
|Jordan: Third Prize||1||50||50|
|Jordan: Most Useful Image Prize||1||50||50|
|Due to restrictions on WMF funding activities in Syria, alternate funding sources will be sought.|
|Money transfer costs||100||(estimate)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!