Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- Enrich Commons photos of Georgian culture and nature.
- Organize photo hikes/trips
- Organize wiki-meetings, wiki-lectures and wiki-lessons.
- Popularization of Georgian Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- During the holding of different photo contests we faced several problems: in Georgia there are many monuments that are located in hard-to-reach regions of Georgia. Thus, today there are many such monuments, which image are not in Wikipedia. We with the help of the camera will arrange trips to these regions (mainly in the summer, because of weather conditions). Will attract new volunteers, which we will advertise this in social networks to attract participants. Also, our User Group holds meetings, wiki-lectures and wiki-lessons. We will complement the Commons by these photos.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- in the next 2 months we plan 1) one or two meeting with active Wikipedists, 2) we plan to conduct a wiki-lesson for students, 3) we plan several trips around the country for new images. In the future, a few more activities can be added. This is not the final plan. Also, if we get financing in time and buy a camera, our representative will participate in the wiki camp organized by the Armenian Wikimedia, at the beginning of January.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- Camera will be cared by MIKHEIL. Camera will be used for current activities and events. If necessary, equipment will be passed to other users for organizing events.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- We expect the camera equipment will be used for at least the next 5 years by members of the user group.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded: approximately 300 over the next 6 months
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- Number of articles created/improved: 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Our user group has no camera. Our user group member MIKHEIL will order the equipment, store the camera when not in use, monitor the tracking log, and coordinate sharing among group members. When he is busy or out of city (Tbilisi) or country (Georgia), Mehman97 will store the camera. Also, we have on the balance our user grup 300 ₾ (Georgian Lari), which is spent on accessories (tripod, memory card, camera bag).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Items||Quantity||Website of the store||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||in USD||Total||Note|
|Camera||1||www.be.ge||1954 ₾||776 $||776 $||The store sells its products at the dollar exchange rate, so the price in Georgian lari can quickly change. Here is the price of December 13, 2017.|
|Tripod||1||www.be.ge||77 ₾||29.7 $||77 ₾|
|Memory card||1||altaok.ge||34.99 ₾||13.1 $||34.99 ₾|
|Camera bag||1||www.be.ge||72 ₾||26.9 $||72 ₾|
|Grand total||845.7 $||2137.99 ₾|
Total: 2137.99 ₾
Since in our account there are 300 ₾ (Georgian Lari), we (except the camera) all the other accessories buy this amount.
Total requested: 1954 ₾ = 776 $ (20 December 2017, oanda.com)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support - Mikheil Talk 18:22, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support - David1010 (talk) 19:32, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support — Zangala (talk) 19:10, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support — ~ბ.ბ.~ (talk) 19:12, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support –BruTe talk 21:02, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support - Hubble (talk) 23:51, 14 December 2017 (UTC)