Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing members of the community.
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of national parks, protected areas and nature of Georgia to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Georgia.
- To contribute to nature protection by raising public awareness.
- Improve the quality of Wikipedia articles.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Georgia is a country that is famous for its magnificent nature, that year the third time participates in the contest Wiki Loves Earth. This contest focuses on increasing free licensed nature images on the Wikimedia Commons. For us, this competition is very important for several reasons. First of all, it is important because, with the help of this contest, we will increase the number of freely licensed images of Georgian national parks, protected areas and nature on the Commons. Secondly, with this contest we can to contribute to nature protection by raising public awareness. Also, we can also increase the quality of the content of Wikimedia projects, as we will use the photos uploaded during the contest in Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Wikivoyage, Wikinews, Wikiquote etc.).
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We created a project page in Georgian Wikipedia and on Commons, when the project begins we will, through the Central Notice, inform all Wikimedia projects visitors about the contest. Also, through our official accounts in social networks (kawiki Facebook (92K subscribers), UG-GE Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), we will attract new members and warn them about our project. Also, send a message to the participants of previous contest (WLE 2017-2018) about the contest and invite them to participate.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will be composed both by experienced Wikimedians and photography enthusiasts. We are forming a 4-member jury which will be consisted of 2 experienced Wikimedian and 2 enthusiast photographers. We will give prizes to the awards ceremony.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- With the help of different edit-a-thon, we can use uploaded images in different Wikimedia projects. Also, at the upcoming WikiCamp, we will arrange a session during which camp participants will add these images to relevant Wikipedia articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will have hope that we can achieve all our goals in this contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 10-20
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 400-500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 40-60
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be 3 experienced Board Member of UG-GE, who have held several successful projects together. There are no other financial sources of the Wikimedia UG Georgia, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners have allocated a gift card from online store Amazon.
|Items||Sub-items||Quantity||Amount (GEL)||Amount (USD)||Total|
|Amazon.com Gift Cards||First Place||3||–||$300 (USD)||$600 (USD)|
|Second Place||–||$200 (USD)|
|Third Place||–||$100 (USD)|
|Prize for the best image according to UG-GE||–||1||–||$100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Stickers & Souvenirs for Participants||–||–||150 ₾ (GEL)||$57 (USD)||$57 (USD)|
|Image printing Top-10 Winners||–||10||100 ₾ (GEL)||$38 (USD)||$38 (USD)|
|WLE calendars||–||20||400 ₾ (GEL)||$150 (USD)||$150 (USD)|
|Unforeseen expenses||–||–||–||$100 (USD)||$100 (USD)|
|Grand total||$1045 (USD)|
Total requested from WMF: $ 1.140 (USD).
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support. WLE Georgia has already organised WLE before and have the necessary experience. An effort towards usage of photos during WikiCamp is particularly appreciated — NickK (talk) 14:16, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Jaba1977 (talk) 18:05, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support-David1010 (talk) 17:33, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Balabinrm (talk) 04:04, 10 May 2019 (UTC)