Grants:Project/Rapid/Touzrimounir/One month Wikipedian in Residence in National Archives of Tunisia
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The goal of this activity is to work with GLAM staff and serve as a liaison between the Archives and the Wikimedia community. Educating the GLAM employees and new wikimedia users about Wikimedia projects, on how to upload files on Commons, which are release for public domain, as well on how to create new articles or improve the existing ones, using the books and materials from the Archives.
A lot of articles in arabic wikipedia and french wikipedia about Tunisia missed referens , this little project will bring to wikipedia a lot of referens and photos to help improving articles, specials documentations in the public domain
We have try this experience in 25 April 2015, it was very interesting, a lot of references and photo was used in wikipedia we find below the category in photos uploaded Category:L'Action Tunisienne
- Mohammed Gammoudi 2.jpg
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Create category on Commons to have all uploaded files in one place
- Be at the office every working day, and spread the word about Wikimedia projects to the GLAM employees
- Collaborate with the staff from the Archives on a regular basis
- Train the GLAM employees to use Wikipedia and to create articles
- Upload the files on Commons
- Encourage the volunteers to create new articles based on the materials from the Archives and to improve the existing articles with text, files, photos
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- on wikipedia
Will send a message in talk page of all wikipedian working in the project of Tunisia in arabic french and english to use documentations as sources or photos in wikipedia articles
- Off wikipedia
We will orgonise two workshops about this project and glam in the National Archives of Tunisia, and we will tray to do another one in the university of Archives of Tunisia to let students know about the project What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We will keep in touch with the archive managers, to prepare another GLAM project
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants 2
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 600
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- during the project we will be to Wikipedians in Residence me and Olfa Yakoubi
- also we will use the camera of wikimedia Tunisia to have a good quality of documentations
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- two Wikipedians in Residence 1500TND per participant = 3000 TND
- two Workshops about GLAM in the National Archives of Tunisia 200 TND per workshop =400 TND