Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?: To increase the number of freely licensed quality photographs of the monuments, archaeological sites and cultural heritage in Bangladesh
2. How will you let people know about the contest? Besides wikipedia/wikimedia mailing lists, onwikI notices, we'll promote the contest through social media, will send the press release to the media specially online newspapers and hold in person meetings with different photography clubs in Bangladesh.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? We will form a jury consisting noted photographers, photo-journalists and veteran Wikimedians. The jury will judge individual entries and award them based on the criteria set on this page.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? This contest will make sure that the images from WLM will be used in Wikipedia articles.
- Previous activities
- Bangla Wikipedia Photography Contest 2014
- C:COM:WLMBD (2016, 2017, 2018)
- C:COM:WLEBD (2017, 2018, 2019)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 150
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 2000+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 400
|SL No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (BDT)||Total (BDT)||Notes|
|Subtotal in local currecny: BDT 136,000.00|
Subtotal in USD: 1593.92 (BDT 1 = USD 0.01172)
Subtotal in EUR: 1430.72 (BDT 1 = EUR 0.01052)
|01||Crests/Mementos and Certificates for Winners||10||2,000||20,000|
|02||Prize bond for Best Three Photographs||3||15,000 + 10,000 + 5,000||30,000||Not a cash prize. Could be prize bonds or gift items equivalent to respective amount.|
|03||Highly Commendable Awards||7||3,000||21,000|
|04||Mementos for the Judges||5||2,000||10,000||The jury will consist of five members. All members will be experienced in photography.|
|05||WLM T-shirts||10||300||3,000||For core volunteers.|
|06||Social Media Promotion||1 month||4,000||4,000|
|08||Price Giving Ceremony||20,000||Venue, food, banners, etc|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!